Job Name: Inventory Analyst
Functional Area: E-Comm
Job Type: OFFHR – OFFICE HOURLY
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for monitoring the flow of product into the distribution centers from Ashley Furniture Industries (AFI) and third-party vendors. This position will collaborate with internal teams to optimize inventory levels to achieve financial goals. This position is also responsible for creating forecasts, strategies, reporting and solutions to maintain optimal inventory levels at the manufacturing distribution centers. The Inventory Analyst will partner with cross-functional teams regarding the health of the inventory.
Primary Job Functions
1. Manage inventory levels at the distribution centers on all product categories; provide executive level updates on inventory management.
2. Maintain optimal in-stock capacity levels based on sales and financial goals.
3. Forecast inventory levels.
4. Create complex excel reports from multiple data sources, using macros, pivots, graphs, and queries.
5. Generate cross-functional plans to maintain optimal inventory levels at the distribution centers.
6. Manage end of life cycle of discontinued, non-go-forward assortment and clearance products with cross functional teams.
7. Work with production planners, retail planners, merchants, distribution centers and vendors to monitor and optimize inventory levels.
8. Minimize Trash, Liquidation, Clearance and Shrink (TLCS) outputs from the distribution centers.
9. Gain visibility of distribution center inventory and collaborate with cross-functional teams to work on process improvements.
10. Run necessary reports to monitor inventory levels, promotions, and various projects as deemed necessary; distribute reporting and recommendations to leadership and cross-functional partners.
11. Create strategies and action plans to reduce despised inventory levels.
12. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
• Bachelor Degree in Merchandising, Supply Chain or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: