The Accounting Manager will supervise, monitor, and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, the Accounting Manager will develop and implement systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information on a periodic basis. This position is responsible conducting general ledger accounting and all and reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
The specific duties of the Accounting Manager include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the supervision and completion of month-end close process
- Develops, implements, and improves accounting processes and procedures based on SOX compliance standards.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Oversees all general ledger transactions to ensure both proper accounting treatment and adherence to GAAP, SEC, SOX, corporate and industry policies, procedures and regulations.
- Become our subject matter expert in finance for our Enterprise Resource Management system and collaborate with teams on automation projects to help lead to better efficiencies in the finance group.
- Reviews accounting processes and recommends change or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists the Assistant Controller in ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the internal control framework surrounding financial reporting.
- Trains and supervises accounting staff
- Works with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business
- Coordinates the month-end, quarter, and year-end financial accounting close requirements within tight deadlines
- Corroborates on accounting theories and regulations regarding unique business transactions
- Performs intercompany accounting
- Leads and participates in other accounting and finance job duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s degree in Accounting a plus
- At least 7 years of progressive accounting experience preferred
- Experience with a public reporting company
- CPA preferred or eligible to sit for CPA exam
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and/or management reporting, internal controls, and SOX compliance
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Excel expertise is a must.
- Experience with Enterprise Reporting Accounting Software, i.e. Great Plains a plus
- Good presentation and analytical skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Highly motivated and self-directed.