Axogen is committed to building and maintaining a strong and gratifying company culture that fosters a work-life balance and professional growth. Our hands-on and personal approach makes transitioning to a new job a seamless and enjoyable process. Most benefits are effective on day one!
Axogen is the leading company revolutionizing the science of nerve repair. We are passionate about helping to restore function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves.
Contribute to positively impacting lives while working for a company that respects, recognizes, and values all team members!
Axogen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Why you’ll love working at Axogen:
- Friendly, open, and fun team culture that values unique perspectives
- Company-wide dedication to profoundly impacting patients’ lives
- Comprehensive, high-quality benefits package effective on date of hire
- Educational assistance available for all employees
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Paid holidays, including floating holidays, to be used at your discretion
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral incentive program
If you want to see how you can impact lives at Axogen, take a look at these inspiring patient stories: https://www.axogeninc.com/patient-stories/
Axogen is hiring for a Director of Investor Relations in Tampa, FL!
Job Summary of the Director of Investor Relations
The Director of Investor Relations is a strategic function of corporate management. Combining the disciplines of clinical science, finance, economics, and communications, the Director of Investor Relations is responsible for ensuring that the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with investors, analysts, and all stakeholders. The position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will partner with executive leadership to develop the appropriate strategy, framework, and tactics in addition to providing a very compelling investor relations roadmap.
Axogen is passionate about restoring nerve function and quality of life to patients with peripheral nerve injuries. We are building the preeminent peripheral nerve company that is led by clinical science and the ability to transform and improve patients lives. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to become deeply invested in the clinical and scientific data that anchors our mission, enables the execution of our commercial strategy, and provides the foundation for our messaging to employees and investors.
It also requires the ability to carefully manage relationships outside the company in the equity research and investor community, providing the investment community with an accurate portrayal of the company’s performance and prospects. This includes interaction with “sell-side” equity analysts from investment banking firms and “buy-side” analysts and portfolio managers from investment funds.
Preserving and enhancing the company’s credibility while positively affecting the company’s value relative to that of the overall market is a key facet of this role. Internally, the role includes preparing senior executives for their interaction with the investment community and acting as a conduit for information from the investment community to internal constituents across the company.
Requirements of the Director of Investor Relations
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in related field of study and/or CFA designation is desirable.
- Minimum of five years of experience, primarily working with investors, and with a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community and equity research analysts within the healthcare sector (med tech, biotech, pharma);
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors;
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, and a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry;
- Superior financial and investment analysis capabilities, including clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling and valuation techniques used by financial and investment professionals;
- A strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends;
- A professional who is also entrepreneurial and has a client-minded focus;
- Ability to function as an industry expert, constantly gathering and disseminating industry knowledge across the leadership team in order to enhance our investor relations programs and initiatives that will promote the company’s leadership in the industry;
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, including the ability to develop and maintain relationships across our organization;
Responsibilities of the Director of Investor Relations
The specific duties of the Director of Investor Relations include but are not limited to:
- Leading the quarterly and annual earnings release process by collaborating with legal, finance, commercial and scientific teams. This includes collecting and discerning key performance data, developing key messages, writing of earnings release and earnings call scripts and presentations, as well as preparation of senior management for investor Q&A.
- Developing an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the company’s operations, technology, financial performance, and strategies through ongoing interface and fact-finding visits with company executives.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with analysts, investors and prospective investors. This includes timely, consistent communications through telephone and personal contacts, group meetings, written materials and making presentations at one-on-one investor and analyst meetings and investment conferences.
- Developing and maintaining a rolling six-quarter investor relations calendars inclusive of regular earnings calls, investor conferences, scientific conferences, planned investor road shows, etc.
- Monitoring and communicating peer company performance, metrics and messaging.
- Strategically developing our outreach to investors and the banking community; preparing key investment messages and communicating financial performance, business conditions, company strategies, developments and growth fundamentals to sell-side analysts and investors.
- Providing leadership with regard to communicating our strategic plan to stakeholders.
- Providing feedback, insight and recommendations to Senior Management regarding the financial community’s perceptions of the company and its actions.
- Monitoring analyst models and street consensus to value/evaluate the company’s performance, and providing advice and counsel with regard to key valuation drivers.
- Developing and maintaining a compelling strategic investor roadmap inclusive of target shareholder analytics and outreach plan, as well as quarterly analysis of shareholder ownership changes, and acknowledging potential risks of activist and short activity within our shareholder base.
- Developing and managing investor outreach and targeting, such as investor road shows and, potentially, company-sponsored investor and analyst days.
- Collaborating with Corporate Communications to provide the background they need to put corporate news into context.
If you know someone who would be a great candidate for this position, just copy and send this link!
111 West Oak Ave., Tampa, FL 33602