The goal of the Sr. Project Manager is to be accountable for planning, execution, performance, and the quality of assigned projects to accomplish goals and business objectives across the enterprise. The Sr. Project Manager will interact and build relationships with internal and Subject Matter Experts, business process owners, vendor partners and members of the organization at all levels while successfully managing multiple projects concurrently. The Sr. Project Manager is highly independent and focuses mostly on major, complex projects. As a senior leader, you will be responsible for contributing to the leadership and stewardship of the PMO and process. As the Primary project manager assigned to digital optimization and transformation projects, you will play a key role guiding the execution of The Bank of Tampa’s digital strategy, to include projects that will delivery efficiency, improve the client experience, and grow revenue. The scope of responsibilities will include driving operational, cultural and process changes with the implementation of end to end applications and infrastructure solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently delivers outstanding client service; providing premiere client satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Acts as a cultural ambassador to internal and external clients, providing a professional, exceptional, and supportive experience with each interaction.
Digital Strategy Roadmap Management
- Work with the PMO Manager and executive stakeholders to plan timelines, resource needs, and interdependencies for implementation of the digital roadmap.
- Ensure information dissemination to the right people to foster data-driven decision-making.
- Assist the PMO Manager in establishing and maintaining dashboards, documents and reports to track the implementation status of the digital program, and promote transparency.
- Attend regular (minimum monthly) status meetings with Digital Strategy Committee.
- Partner with executive sponsors and Department managers to set goals and metrics that measure the success and progress of critical work delivered.
- Manage cross capability dependencies, risks, key design decisions, etc.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to manage and track the digital Program budget.
Program Execution: Manage all phases of the project through successful delivery
- Serve as the primary project manager for Digital Transformation programs/projects.
- Lead all phases of program/project life cycle – Kick off, Discovery, Ensure the gathering and documentation of requirements, Scope Confirmation, Design and build process flows, Create a Project Schedule, Resource allocation, build, testing and deployment; while managing associated costs, schedule, scope, quality, and risks, as well as recommending improvements to processes.
- Manage complex projects from inception to delivery by identifying and coordinating appropriate resources, determining and meeting program/project scope, and managing and communicating progress on program/project timeline, deliverables, issues, risks, ROI, and success metrics.
- Manage the change control mechanism set up to track and address changes to different aspects like technical/functional changes to scope, program cost, or schedule.
- Work with Business Analyst or Business Solutions Analyst to Conduct in-depth analysis of moderately complex to highly complex business problems and provide timely insight to decision-makers.
- Ensures business requirements are clearly documented and project deliverables fully support them by tracking each through all project phases to deployment.
- Ensure technical documentation (policies, procedures, diagrams, etc.) is updated, Digital Solutions systems have appropriate monitoring, and IT environments have appropriate Disaster recovery in place.
- Creates project plans with defined results and obtains Executive approvals.
- Identifies, tracks, prioritizes, and drives resolution of project issues and Risks leveraging lessons learned from prior experience to develop risk mitigation plans and work to address and mitigate systemic issues and escalating when necessary.
- Ensures all project teams perform Quality Assurance by preparing and executing detailed test plans, expected results, and actual results.
- Where required, negotiate with department managers to acquire required personnel from within the company to complete project activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment utilizing team resources to meet multiple deadlines and commitments.
- Run regular project meetings with the program/project core team to track progress and dependencies and escalate risks for a resolution to Project teams, PMO Manager, and executive sponsorship.
- Be proactive in holding stakeholders accountable for delivering on the plan laid out.
Reporting and Budget Management
- Monitor and maintain project budget reports.
- Regular reviews of project deliverables to ensure the project is within scope, cost, schedule, and quality standards.
- Support project financial reconciliation by ensuring all staff hours, project expenses, and vendor invoices are submitted timely.
- Strategic, analytical thinker comfortable with challenging the status quo.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and ability to optimize efforts of cross-functional teams through collaboration and partnerships.
- Ability to manage by influence.
- Exhibit active listening techniques and is open to feedback and continual improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, versatility, responsiveness to change, and an ability to direct multiple concurrent priorities to completion without significant guidance.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal stakeholders within the scope of responsibility, team, and matrix environment.
- Embraces feedback, intentionally inclusive of myriad perspectives; committed to crafting a win-win-win approach.
- Mentor, coach, and help develop more junior Project Managers and other employees with project management responsibilities.
- Identify best practices and provide recommendations for the team and department processes.
- Work with PMO manager to analyze team and portfolio project data, identify issues or areas of need, and propose solutions to resolve issues.
Stakeholder Engagement, Communication & Training
- Create bi-weekly status reports for assigned projects.
- Report on assigned initiatives to executive stakeholders. Be the trusted speaker on the state of assigned initiatives in key checkpoint reviews.
- Facilitate internal and vendor communication by connecting appropriate team members to ensure transparency and collaboration.
- Follow-up with the internal team concerning upcoming major milestone dates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to present information, status, and issues clearly and concisely to drive business decisions.
- General Stakeholder engagement & building relationships with them – Perform Stakeholder Analysis relevant to the functions impacted by the projects
- Manage Change Agent Network to drive program communications, own and develop Project-specific communications strategy and plan (communications via email, presentations, newsletters, SharePoint sites, etc.)
- Demonstrates solid understanding and communication of goals/strategies of projects.
- Work with HR and department leaders to coordinate training plans across different teams, manage training content localization as necessary & assist in the organization and execution of specific train-the-trainer and instructor-led training sessions
- Develop, refine, and produce the work products necessary to support the Management and Board Committees that provide oversight for the process improvement, project management, and project portfolio management functions.
Planning & Change Impact Management
- Work with the project team to identify the size/scope of the change and define the change mgmt. approach to deliver expected benefits.
- Track and ensure the execution of change mgmt. activities to positively affect the speed and extent of adoption, partnering with Department Managers, HR, Project sponsors, and Executive leadership. You will assist in the coordination of change activities (engagement events, meetings, workshops) as necessary
- Responsible for change impact assessments to ensure all changes are documented and current vs. to be state defined for all impacted audiences.
- Work with the project team to Facilitate the measurement of change readiness – Develop, prioritize, and ensure the execution of action plans required to mitigate impacts and readiness gaps.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- 5+ years Project Management experience successfully managing progressively complex projects.
- 4- year Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BS or BA) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- 3+ years leading digital optimization and/or transformation projects.
- PMP, CMP or PgMP Certification
- Prosci Certification or other change management training or certification
- Business Analysis Skills or experience
- Quality Assurance Skills or experience
- Lean or six/Sigma certifications
- Experience in Commercial or consumer banking industry