Our Commercial Relationship Specialists are a critical component of our success. What sets us apart from others is the value we bring to our clients. Across our network of banking offices in the greater Tampa Bay area, our Commercial Relationship Specialists bring a solutions-oriented perspective to client and prospect interactions, embrace accountability for their own goals, and they create value for our clients during each interaction. Commercial Relationship Specialists are critical members of a Relationship Management team which also includes Personal/Private Relationship Managers, Commercial Relationship Managers, a Market Director and a Portfolio Manager. The Commercial Relationship Specialist provides sales support, client relationship management support, and enjoys interacting with clients and prospects while assisting Relationship Managers in maintaining a loan portfolio. They are comfortable with the role and image of a professional and have knowledge in all banking services including credit, treasury services, and depository services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Offers extensive knowledge of both commercial and consumer banking services.
- Provides direct assistance to clients with respect to existing or new product/service requests.
- Assist clients with business and personal accounts or partners with appropriate bank representatives for services needed.
- Proactively participates in the community banking efforts within an assigned Market by identifying revenue opportunities, assisting with client/prospect research, and participating in pre-call planning and post- call debriefs to ensure all commitments are followed through to completion.
- Uses knowledge and technical skills to service clients while expanding and deepening relationships by proactively suggesting beneficial products and services.
- Follows procedures and quality control practices per the Commercial Credit Process Manual or as otherwise established by the Commercial Relationship Support Manager.
- Assists Relationship Managers in collecting financial information required by policy from prospects and clients for new loan requests, renewals and annual reviews.
- Assists Commercial Relationship Managers by completing specific sections of Credit Analysis Memorandums (CAMs) in the CASH system.
- Reviews supporting documents for completeness per policy requirements and ensures compliance with naming conventions and quality standards prior to submission to Portfolio Managers and/or the Credit Department.
- Understands and reviews all necessary loan documents for accuracy, prior to closing.
- Follows up on loan files for specified documents and clear up any / all loan exceptions and to prepare and organize loan packages for presentment to Loan Committee members.
- Proactively manages ticklers via the CASH OnTrack system to ensure required updated client information is received in a timely manner to comply with loan terms and/or the annual review process.
- Demonstrates understanding of credit quality maintenance of a loan portfolio.
- Communicates with impact and enthusiasm in formal and informal settings. Audiences may include clients, prospects, corporate leadership, project leadership, and loan committee.
- Flexibly apply rules or procedures, while remaining guided by the organization’s values.
- Assist clients with special requests or problem inquiries and seeks others to assist as needed.
- Contributes to a supportive learning environment by sharing knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to draw logical conclusions based on in-depth analysis of information and can recognize causes and consequences of actions and events that are not readily apparent.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain continuous, open and consistent communication with staff and clients.
- Ability to use current software (ex: CRM, CASH and CASH OnTrack, Business Process Manager, Navigator, Relationship Profitability Manager, Laserpro, WireXchange) and information technology to accomplish objectives