The Director of Maintenance will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance team and the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department. This position is also responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Familiar with a variety of food processing equipment and systems
· Ability to implement policies and procedures for continuous improvement, growth, and future projects
· Fine tune policies and procedures to implement usable SOP’s
· Ability to make repairs, line changes, and assist with equipment installation
· Capable of performing preventive and proactive maintenance
· Repair mechanical equipment including pumps, gear reducers, seals, bearings, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, liquid fillers, bottle cappers, elevators, tapers, and conveyors
· Repair electrical equipment including motors, motor control centers, variable speed drives, transformers, pumps, kettles, form/fill/seal equipment, shrink banders, heat tunnels, ink jet machines, labelers, and electrical controls
· Provide direct support to production, sanitation and quality
· Maintain the facility and grounds
· Complete work documents to comply with regulatory requirements
· Understand, follow, and implement all safety related standards and practices
· Accountability- proactively handle assigned duties and take ownership for outcomes and needed follow up.
· Operate with a sense of urgency, completing tasks and making decisions efficiently and effectively.
· Proactive- look for areas where contributions may be needed, anticipate need outside of assigned tasks
· Excellent analytical skills, understanding key metrics and importance of accuracy in reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to aid in team building and cooperative outcomes
· Team oriented and ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
· Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication
· Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different.
· Excellent communication skills, written & oral
· Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
· Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
· 2+ year maintenance management experience, preferred
· Strong leadership skills, required
· Industrial manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in food industry
· Technical certification or degree preferred
· Strong preference for experience with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC troubleshooting
· Overtime and weekend schedules may be required
· Forklift experience preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
· Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, tasks require working in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as: