Responsible for cost accounting, which involves analyzing financial data, obtained through evaluation, of business product, manufacturing processes and material, labor and overhead costs. Position will also support all accounting functions for both manufacturing and general ledger accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
* Perform month end and year end closing in Syspro ERP system.
* Responsible for performing rate calculations for labor and overhead for over/under absorption.
* Analyzes variances in raw materials cost, manufacturing throughput, labor and overhead to determine effects on profit.
* Analyze actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual
* Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
* Analyze inventory turns to recommending ideal inventory levels to support sales and cost efficiencies
* Maintain or improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
* Lead and manage annual physical inventory and quarterly cycle count process including excess and obsolete inventory review process.
* Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP system through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
* Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
* Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
* Assist in preparation of annual budget and 5-year plan
* Compare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information as needed for decision making support.
* Perform adhoc accounting duties as needed
* Accountability skills-proactively handle department activities and take ownership for outcomes and needed follow up.
* Operate with sense of urgency, ensuring departmental tasks completed efficiently and effectively.
* Proactive- look for opportunities to contribute, anticipate business needs and discuss ideas with management.
* Excellent analytical skills, help develop, measure, and report KPI’s. Ensure accuracy of team contributions.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Team oriented and ability to work effectively with diverse population.
* Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication.
* Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different.
* Excellent communication skills, written & oral
* Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
* Hands on ERP experience a must
* Syspro experience, preferred
* 5+ years of Manufacturing Accounting experience with cost accounting
* Excellent Excel skills- pivots, power pivots, VBA or Macros, v-lookups
* Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
* Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
* Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques
* Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes
* Food industry experience a plus
* Crystal or SQL reporting experience a plus
* Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will generally work in an office environment. Some tasks may require working in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required.
* Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time