BluePearl’s Tampa location is hiring an exceptional IT Project Manager
- Are you a strong problem solver with ability to translate ideas into action as well as think through implications?
- Are you a Certified Scrum Master, looking for an exciting new challenge in IT Project Management?
If this sounds like you, please check us out today.
The IT Project Manager drives the complete life cycle of routine projects including approvals, planning, execution, and maintenance to ensure results are achieved on time. Develops budgets, timelines, and ensures progress to plan as well as tracking critical project achievements. Using excellent project and program management skills this position will coordinate concurrent projects within IT and manage the IT components in cross-functional projects to meet the needs of the business. Will need to influence across all levels of the organization and act as the driving contributor in an evolving environment.
As the IT Project Manager, you will
- Be responsible for the creation, approval and management of varying projects (Scope, Schedule, Budget and Quality).
- Collaborate with team leads to manage the internal and external resources on projects from design through implementation; lead, mentor and coach associates as necessary.
- Coordinate with team leads to apply best practices in the project life cycle; review and refine the process as necessary.
- Engage the business to understand the business needs.
- Manage to project priorities, continuously performing project risk assessment and mitigation; escalating when necessary and effectively managing deadlines.
- Manage, track, and report status and progress of projects, ensuring the original project scope, mission, and end point objectives are achieved.
- Provide coordination support regarding project organization, scope, and or funding. ·
- Obtain approval for any changes to project scope through appropriate channels
- Follow best practice project management principles.
- Provide effective communications of expectations to the project team, IT associates, and other Support Team members as needed.
- Implement and maintain the project document repository.
- Ensure the proper change control processes are followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for the routine tracking of project progress and communication of status to customers, stakeholders, and management.
- Ensure the timely identification, logging and resolutions of risks and issues, escalating when necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of projects as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 2+ years’ of job-related experience in veterinary or similar industry (human healthcare, dental, etc.) strongly preferred.
- 2+ years’ job specific experience and certification in Project Management preferred with a minimum of 5 years within the IT industry
- Requires demonstrated strong ability to communicate effectively with a high level of soft skills.
- Requires ability to self-motivate, organize, and prioritize day-to-day tasks in order to keep work assignments current.
- Collaborative, open, and flexible working style, with an ability to quickly establish relationships, trust, and credibility
- Strong team player with a positive attitude, self-motivated, and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects (varying size) under aggressive timelines is required.
- Certified Scrum Master strongly preferred.
- Experience with Smartsheets or MS Project and knowledge of formal project management methodologies required; certification for project management (PMP/CPM) preferred.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.