Bristol Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Sourcing Excellence Associate Director is part of a global sourcing team which collaborates with Global Pharmaceutical Development, Manufacturing and Supply Chain(GPS) category leaders and business partners on category strategy development, by contributing advanced strategic industry insight. The role is responsible for sourcing excellence management processes, and designated Sourcing Excellence team members. This individual will build an understanding of BMS’s global, end-to-end value chain as it relates to the categories in focus. Key responsibilities include owning and driving implementation of high value and highly complex sourcing projects and contracts; and identifying supply optimization opportunities for speed-to-market, innovation, revenue enhancement, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, overall competitive cost advantage, and other sources of value for Bristol-Myers Squibb. Managing selected Supplier Relationship Management (‘SRM’) programs: processes and procedures, supplier and category segmentation, operational performance and contract management.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Manage/lead Sourcing Excellence teams and projects
- Ability to manage a large book of work across multiple individuals, teams, geographies. Must be able to bring organization and transparency to a fast-paced environment.
- Lead short and long-term initiatives that deliver positive impacts on the organization, including training and development programs, Covid 19 projects and Sourcing Projects.
- Champion process improvements, recommending new ways of working to improve processes and embed new systems in the function and across Sourcing Excellence
- Provide BMS support/oversight to suppliers of support GPS, including SRM activities
- Prepare periodic reports of department activities for the Sourcing Excellence Leadership team and other stakeholders as required; analyze and ensure resolution of issues raised in procurement audit reports.
- Participate in book of work review meetings with BP&S teams to gather potential projects, prioritize them and align on resource allocation process
Oversee end-to-end development and implementation of Sourcing and Contracting Strategy
- Oversee project management for complex sourcing events
- Launch kick-off meetings to establish a sourcing event.
- Lead the preparation and solicitation of competitive bids, quotations and proposals; evaluate competitive offerings; assess supplier product and pricing information; prepare and issue contracts for legal review and approval (This specific role will require complex contracting globally in a highly regulated area)
- This individual may also be involved in identification, screening and selection of potential sources and determination of appropriate methods of procurement, utilizing extensive and deep contracting or technical expertise. (Examples R&D Clinical Trials, Use of Real-world data)
- Provide insights from internal and market analytics to influence the development of strategic category plans; partner with category leaders and business partners on plan development, including building plans for smaller categories. Builds understanding of BMS’s global, end-to-end value chain as it relates to the categories in focus.
- Understand, develop procurement financing and leveraging strategies (e.g. lease vs. buy). Where applicable, evaluate optimum strategies for inventory management, including restock levels and just-in-time supply
- When supporting category strategy development, he or she might be involved in research and make recommendations on decisions for “make, buy or lease,” privatize or outsource goods or services.
- At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we’re creating innovative medicines for patients who are fighting serious diseases. We’re also nurturing our own team with inspiring work and challenging career options. No matter our role, each of us contributes. And that makes all the difference.
Conduct Supplier Performance and Relationship Management for select categories and suppliers
- For SRM suppliers, support the process of developing, evaluating and managing effective relationships with strategic suppliers, strategic alliance partners, supply chain, cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Participate in other supplier management activities involving key preferred suppliers, using the Supplier Management methodology, developing metrics for supplier performance, conducting supplier visits and evaluations to determine capability, alignment and capacity
- Support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized highly strategic suppliers
- For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Own and drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis
- As required for function and categories assigned, support the design and development of procurement compliance programs, including category-specific risk management efforts
- Support implementing and managing the small business and disadvantaged suppliers search and development programs
- Business Partners
- Supplier executive management
- Senior members of industry; technology councils and organizations
- B.S./B.A. (Business, Science or Engineering is desirable)
- Relevant industry certification is preferred, e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ work experience with at least 3 – 5 years procurement or relevant experience. (Preferred category experience includes: Manufacturing, Supply Chain).
- Expertise in materials management, logistics or Chemicals.
- Expertise in the procurement processes, technology and systems (such as Ariba), contract and supplier analysis and management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier diversity, strategic planning and integrated supply chain.
- People management and employee development responsibilities, including talent identification and acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Strong understanding of data analytics, category management; expertise in process redesign and continuous improvement, project and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence virtually
- Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with Sourcing Execution management applied to large and global organizations such as BMS
- Strong leadership, communications (written/verbal) project management, analytical, problem solving, organization, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience managing or facilitating cross functional teams
- Translate business requirements to system-based solution and implement to improve business performance.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience, while being flexibility to meet multiple demands and changing priorities
- Demonstrated record of leadership role in key initiatives or managing direct reports
- Ability to influence multiple groups including senior leadership.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.