An integral database coordination function, the Database Associate performs key data stewardship and investigation activities including: auditing data; reformatting and correcting data sets; helping set, manage and communicate database refresh schedules to stakeholders; assuring quality and consistency standards are met during data processing as well as helping to anticipate and prevent issues that might surface, coupled with timely communication about problems as they surface. This role directly contributes to CDW’s data governance goals working with stakeholders in Small Business and the broader organization. Specifically, this role will be the main point of contact for customer account movements amongst our Small Business sales teams. Conducting data investigations to identify the root cause of data issues while also suggesting and helping oversee resolutions to problems is integral to this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage requests for account movements for Small Business both in and out of the Sales Contact Center (SCC).
- Collaborate with sales analyst on monthly reporting related to the counts and customer trends.
- Facilitate daily moves and assignments of new customers to the appropriate location.
- Track metrics on account movement and productivity of those accounts over time.
- Support larger team strategic projects lead by senior members of the team.
- Assist with managing the project milestones from strategic development to execution of a project.
- Update Weekly Status Reports.
- Resolve and manage any project issues that delay a project from completing on schedule.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders/partners at all levels.
- Follow established processes for account movement.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability and desire to learn new software applications and/or vendor tools for job efficiency/effectiveness.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, with explicit proficiency in Excel.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders.
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction.
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Hands-on experience identifying data quality issues, including investigating and underlying root-causes, and helping oversee fixes and tracking work progress.
- Ability to problem solve independently. Able to analyze large volumes of raw data, package the data for further consumption, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven ability to identify areas of opportunity for existing practices/processes and execute appropriate improvements.
- Basic knowledge of and experience auditing disparate/different data sets.
- Some knowledge of direct marketing basics – list targeting / selection, campaign execution.
- Prior experience working with third-party data aggregators/vendors.
CDW is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.