Job ID: 20225238
Primary Location: Tampa, Florida
Job Category: Risk Management
The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for day-to-day review, management and execution of controls, monitoring, governance and reporting of compliance with Regulation O
- Responsible for leading monthly Regulation O control review with applicable front office teams, product and control partners
- Responsible for managing and supporting regulatory risk and control programs for the organization including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Maintain quarterly audit processes (Managers Control Assessment, Control Committee and Governance Forum reporting) of control attributes to ensure proper calculation and control efficacy.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices and drives execution of associated actions.
- Maintain detailed policy compliance procedures and lead applicable change management process in partnership with product partners, functional partners and control partners to ensure proper governance and controls.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts training of applicable requirements for front office staff on a regular basis
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in Business Risk & Controls; 5+ years’ experience in financial services.
- Strong MS Excel skills; proficiency with MS Access, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic a plus.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Specific ability to track multiple deliverables concurrently through appropriate prioritization, communication and understanding of must-meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead broad team efforts, building consensus and establishing strong relationships across multiple reporting lines and functions
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting