Key Responsibilities/Day to Day Activities
Based in Tampa, this position will report to the CSIS Global Intelligence Program Manager. In support of CSIS global functions, the incumbent will conduct analysis of strategic trends and patterns occurring across closed cyber investigations and incorporate Citi’s risk and controls standards into the analytic process. This will require the production of analytic products, standard operating procedures and guidelines, and the ability to apply critical thinking to cyber investigations with highly technical aspects. In addition, the incumbent will lead meetings and be expected to conduct outreach across Citi to understand problem sets, control environments, and process flows. There will be both direct and specific guidance and broader general guidance in which the incumbent will have to navigate. The incumbent must be able to translate tactical actions into strategic implications and how to communicate strategic positions into driving improved tactical actions.
- Identify thematic and systemic control issues through the analysis of CSIS reports of investigations.
- Analyze both internal and external data sources to develop a comprehensive understanding of control issues and risks posed to Citi from them.
- Understand the controls environment within Citi and incorporate that knowledge into written products for use by key stakeholders.
- Manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines with high quality products and analysis
- Produce well written products that require minimal editing prior to publication aligned with program writing guide
- Develop guidelines and process documents to support workflows that support business as usual operations.
- Manage one or more key stakeholder relationships to ensure there is necessary data, leadership support and to operate in a holistic capacity.
- Read, review, and analyze closed cyber investigations, open source information, industry publications, and internal Citi information to drive analytic findings
- Partner with Citi stakeholders, business partners, and external colleagues on cyber incidents and control issues, themes, and methodologies and tools for finding disparate data.
- Leverage technology options to drive efficiency in processes and analysis.
- Lead the monthly training sessions for the global analysts to ensure improved awareness and understanding of cyber, risk, and control topics.
- Deliver detailed and professional briefings on advanced analytics capabilities, resources, and tradecraft.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required and advanced degrees are welcome
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Investigations, or a similar role
- Broad knowledge of business processes including business operations, information technology, security, fraud investigations, and intelligence production.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint – demonstrated creativity in use of these products to solve analytical problems
- Ability to work independent and with minimal oversight, while producing high quality analysis
- Self-starter and resourceful individual, with experience operating in fast paced and dynamic operational settings
- Experience with link analysis of large data sets
- Ability to identify risk, notify stakeholders, and inform leadership of the risk posed along with courses of action.
- Preferred experience with cyber investigations
- Broad professional experience, including prior international work experience/travel or experience working as part of a globally dispersed team an advantage.