The Housing and Community Development Supervisor is responsible for the development and maintenance of the City’s Consolidated Plan, Local Housing Assistance Plan, Analysis of Fair Housing Impediments, and oversees development of the City’s Annual Plan. This position provides grants support and project management and evaluation services to support the City’s community development efforts, and directs special purpose planning projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supervises, and provides oversight of staff responsible for Human Rights Investigations, Housing Program Compliance, and Community Development completes performance evaluations; recommends step increases, hiring, promotions, and transfers; administers discipline as required; responds to grievances; develops and maintains project schedules; interprets housing rules, laws, and regulations for staff members.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the City’s Annual Action Plan and Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, identifying priorities and applying quantitative and qualitative assessments of strategies; develops and coordinates the implementation of strategic initiatives, including program development, evaluation, coordination, fiscal analysis, and monitoring.
- Coordinates and reviews: development and implementation of research and data collection methodologies to provide municipal conditions and needs analysis; development of short-range and long-range plans in conjunction with city staff, non-profit and for-profit community partners.
- Participates in planning, directing, and overseeing the activities of division: searching for, identifying and analyzing grant opportunities; providing technical assistance to division in grant compliance, reporting and coordinating the grants process through application, state and federal review, implementation and audit stages; maintaining a tracking status of all city grant activities.
- Serves as liaison with other governmental officials and agencies to coordinate planning efforts and to develop and maintain funding sources; prepares reports and correspondence.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of: principles and practices of Department of Housing and Urban Development programs, State of Florida Community Development programs, housing and public service agencies; management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of: federal, state and municipal legislation impacting and funding community development planning efforts; methods of collection and analysis of planning data and research design and methodology; modern developments, current literature and sources of information relating to professional planning, grants acquisition and administration, and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of: statistics, economics and sociology as related to municipal planning; modern management practices and procedures.
- Ability to: plan, assign, oversee, and coordinate the work of professional, para-professional, and clerical employees in a manner that promotes full performance; write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and prepare and present technical reports; conduct analytical research and studies and draw sound conclusions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, directors, managers and employees, officials of other governmental organizations, representatives of public and private organizations, and the general public; interpret grant requirements and write effective grant proposals.