This is technical and creative work producing, directing, filming and editing of video content for distribution across social media platforms, the internet for the Public Information Office.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Creates storyboards, produces, and shoots videos and public service announcement.
- Works in conjunction with the Public Information Office staff to prepare social media videos, infographics, flyers, posters and other promotional material that showcase the services or activities of various units.
- Develop social media campaigns to address specific goals and initiatives.
- Monitor and respond to social media inquiries in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze social media performance metrics and make recommendations on content, design or features to improve effectiveness.
- Proactively brainstorms, including mocking up design ideas and presenting strategic communication ideas to internal staff.
- Coordinates printing services as needed.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of: graphic design software, techniques, and concepts is expected; video production including directing, technical directing, camera, graphics, audio, and editing; waveform monitor, vectorscope, word processing and scripting programs, Adobe AfterEffects, Lightroom, and Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to: operate common video production equipment such as cameras, follow social media trends for editing, posting and video styles, create detailed graphics for use in videos, edit in different aspect ratios for mobile devices, ability to shoot clear, still photos on DSLR or similar professional-level still cameras, edit still photos for use on social media and marketing materials, operate common video production equipment such as cameras, switchers, audio mixers, and editors; perform troubleshooting; clearly express complex ideas verbally and in written form; edit material; instruct others in the use and care of production equipment; plan, coordinate, and direct television productions; perform word processing and script writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Skill in: operation of video production and video editing equipment; still photography cameras, graphic design software and operation of motor vehicles.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a associates degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, graphic design or related field and
- two (2) years of experience with focus on photography, digital photography, filming and video editing; or
- graduation from an accredited high school and four (4) years of experience, with focus on photography, digital photography, filming and video editing.