Overview of the Tax Manager
The position will primarily be responsible for the preparation and review of the day-to-day tax accounting functions of the Tax Department.
- Review income tax provisions for foreign operations in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist in the review and consolidation of global tax accounts in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Tracking and disclosure of global uncertain tax positions (“UTPs“) in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Ongoing development and administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley § 404 compliance
- Provide monitoring and oversight of various local country income tax compliance requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Keep up to date on changes in tax law, administrative and judicial decisions, and other relevant items through technical reading. Perform tax research, as necessary
- Maintain professional affiliations with external consultants as well as various regulatory agents.
- Supervise lower level staff including interns
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Ability to travel, expected travel less than 20%
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation, advanced degree strongly preferred
- CPA certificate strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of corporate tax experience including at least 1 year in a supervisory or management role or 3-6 years of large public accounting experience
- Strong analytical expertise
- Solid tax technical background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
Who We Are
Cott is a leading North American and European water, coffee and coffee extracts, tea and filtration solutions service company with the largest volume-based national presence in the North American and European home and office bottled water delivery industry and a leader in custom coffee roasting and blending of iced tea for the U.S. foodservice industry. Our platform reaches over 2.5 million customers or delivery points with over 3,600 direct-to-consumer routes across North America and Europe supported by strategically located sales and distribution facilities and fleets, as well as wholesalers and distributors. This enables us to efficiently service residences, businesses, restaurant chains, hotels and motels, small and large retailers, and healthcare facilities. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.