CAREERS AT THE CRISIS CENTER
Since 1972, the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay has been committed to bringing help, hope and healing to people facing serious life challenges. What we do and how we do it has changed dramatically over the years—and it will continue to evolve—but there is one thing that has never changed: the extraordinary dedication of Crisis Center volunteers, donors, and staff.
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay brings help, hope and healing to people facing serious life challenges or trauma resulting from sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems. The Director of Organizational Development is a liaison and advisor to the organization’s leadership and facilities the organization’s initiatives across the organization with a focus on performance quality improvement, training, and development. This position directs the design, planning, and implementation of organizational development programs, policies, and procedures. The Director of Organizational Development reports to the Vice President of Talent Management.
Strategic/Transformational Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage the performance quality improvement system and team based on alignment to strategic priorities of the organization.
- Evaluate strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
- Manage and support the assessment of organizational training and development needs and program goals; design, implement, and evaluate programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of team members.
Transactional/Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
Performance Quality Improvement
- Initiate and implement performance quality improvement activities to raise the performance of the organization’s customer service to the community and organizations clients.
- Establish and implement metrics for monitoring program effectiveness and enable managers to make sound business decisions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establish and oversee collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of quality.
- Solicit feedback from clients and employees to identify opportunities to improve quality; incorporate feedback into corrective action/improvement plans.
- Oversee accreditation, reaccreditation, and certification efforts, including development of policy and procedure standards, when applicable.
- Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and a rating system for operations vendors.
- Report to management on quality issues and trends using objective data, with a corrective action plan recommendation.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
Training & Organizational Development
- Direct the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Consult with management on employee and organizational performance and leadership needs tied to organization goals and objectives. Conduct needs assessments to determine measures required to achieve training compliance, enhance employee job performance, and improve overall company performance.
- Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into training plans. Review training course evaluations, objectives, and accomplishments for continuous improvement.
- Manage the individual development and succession planning process for executives and emerging leaders.
- Oversee maintenance of learning management system (LMS) to ensure centralized training records, including developing course content/course creation, course marketing to maximize participation, and employee learning plan completion.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Directly supervises employees. Performs supervisory responsibilities by managing and allocating employee resources in accordance with company policies, applicable laws, and company initiatives/goals. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work (including scheduling); appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Acts as a change agent and develops a high-performing team in the spirit of exceptional service to all internal and external partners. This position has signing authority and manages a budget.
- Cooperation/Teamwork – Works toward win/win solutions. Deals with conflict collaboratively. Discusses root causes underlying the problem. Develops effective working relationships.
- Engaging Communication – Relates to people in an open, honest, sincere manner. Treats people with respect. Is friendly and approachable. Listens attentively to others. Communicates ideas clearly. Communicates appropriately with leadership and coworkers.
- Customer Service (Internal & External) – Recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency. Treats customers courteously. Responds to customer requests in a timely manner. Elicits feedback from customers to monitor their satisfaction. Considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions. Proactively identifies customer needs. Takes responsibility to resolve customer complaints. Takes business or personal risks to serve customers’ long-term interests. Creates strategies to help the organization serve customers more effectively
- Adaptability – Adapts readily to changes. Works effectively under stress. Needs minimal supervision. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Is reliable, dependable and results oriented. Maintains productivity and composure under pressure. Effectively prioritizes work and establishes clear goals and plans.
- Problem Solving – Views problems as opportunities to create new solutions. Anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Judgment – Gathers sufficient input before making decisions. Sees interrelatedness between issues. Considers alternative solutions. Makes appropriate and timely decisions.
- Valuing & Fostering Diversity – Demonstrates respect for individual differences and establishes a climate where all people can be comfortable and productive through sensitivity, empathy, and acceptance of cultural, racial, mental health, and socio-economic diversity.
- Self-Management – Takes responsibility for one’s behavior and well-being; Works effectively under stress and adapts one’s style to changing situations; Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and needs minimal supervision; Exhibits a professional demeanor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development).
- Possess Organizational Development Certificate or obtain within 12 months of employment.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or related certification preferred.
- Experience in the social services field with a knowledge of program management a plus.
- 5 years organizational development experience. 10 years leadership experience with a focus on training and development will be considered in lieu of direct organizational development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This position serves on the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay’s Performance Quality Improvement Committee. Members of this committee need to have an understanding of (or ability to learn) the strategic implications and outcomes of services; appreciate the significance of stakeholders and providing the best possible service; have the ability to review data received across the organization; have the ability to brainstorm opportunities for improvement and change; and foster positive communication inside and outside of the team regarding the progress and outcomes.
- Know and comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to develop expertise in state/national accreditation and certification standards of COA, CAAS, AIRS, AAS, and CONTACT USA.
- Exhibit superb public speaking and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate positively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the method of data collection, with the ability to interpret data for the purpose of performance quality improvement; ability to create fact-based reports and present findings orally or in writing.
- Knowledge of Windows based computer operating system and basic software programs.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Knowledge of adult learning with the ability to present and train effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise strong judgement at all times. Ability to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Complete all pre-service and ongoing training requirements, including CCTB Core Training within the first sixty days of employment.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Physical Requirement: Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, and hand and finger dexterity, including ability to visual acuity to use a keyboard. Employee must be able to sit for long periods of time. This position performs duties of more than average difficulty requiring reasonable initiative and independent judgment under general supervision.
Working Conditions: Duties are performed primarily in an office setting. Operates computer and standard office equipment such as telephone and copier/printer. The noise level is moderate.
Travel: Minimal; local travel may be necessary for assigned outreach events, training, or special reviews.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, plus infrequent evenings and weekends for events, trainings, and/or meetings.
CCTB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for our applicants and employees. It is our policy to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances.