Department: Research, Marketing & Communications
Position: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Marketing and Communications Director, the Digital Marketing Manager will develop, implement, track and optimize marketing campaigns in support of the EDC’s strategic initiatives across all digital channels. The Digital Marketing Manager will play a key role in the overall marketing and communications programs that support the EDC’s strategic action plan. This position will work closely with other members of the EDC team, agencies, board leadership and partners to achieve greater visibility for Tampa and Hillsborough County as one of the country’s best destinations for business and talent.
- Develop content for Tampa Bay EDC monthly newsletter, website and social media campaigns
- Draft press releases announcing new projects or new EDC initiatives
- Collaborate with marketing and communications director on content calendars and marketing plans
- Develop digital strategies and campaigns for the EDC’s business recruitment, local business expansion, events and talent attraction initiatives
- Manage all EDC social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, with the goal of growing reach and engaging desired prospects and audiences
- Manage day to day activity for the social media accounts, such as writing and scheduling content, sourcing/taking photos, creating videos, pulling and analyzing reach and engagement data, etc.
- Identify social media-related industry best practices, new tools and platforms
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies and campaign ideas that set us apart from the competition
- Collaborate with internal team and agency partners to create new landing pages, update content regularly, and make other improvements to the EDC web site
- Manage virtual technologies (such as Zoom) and A/V setups at EDC speaking engagements and events
- Create in-house presentations
- Other functions to be determined.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or similar field
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in digital strategy and content development
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (preferably in a fast-paced environment)
- Experience in coordinating or managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Solid knowledge of website and social media analytics tools
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Canva, and WordPress a plus.
- Occasional travel for meetings
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Work under and maintain confidentiality
- Eligible for remote work per TBEDC Employee Handbook policies
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason. All applicants for this position are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.