Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of the Customer Success Team is to ensure our customers launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want. We are currently looking to add to our Small Business segment.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
Our Scale Customer Success Managers are responsible for strategic one-to-many engagements with customers at key points in the customer journey. Part coach, project manager, consultant and product expert the Scale CSM is responsible for ensuring our SMB customers base drives the best results with Drift possible.
Scale CSM’s work with customers through channels such as video, email, chat and webinars to impact target customer groups. Scale CSMs partner closely with other parts of the business such as Account Executives, Renewal Specialists and our Customer Advocate team to deliver a seamless customer experience across their entire lifecycle.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you’ll…
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience an in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for success in your role
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what make Drift customers successful
By month 3 you’ll…
- Continue to master your knowledge of Drift product and have a deep understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in class sales process
- Continue to learn and apply the Conversational Marketing and Sales Blueprint with customers
- Be responsible for a large book of business, monitoring how customers are progressing through the onboarding process and continuing to see ongoing success.
- Engage with customers via one-to-many channels such as video, email and chat throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Find opportunities to implement 1: many programs that can efficiently and effectively drive customer outcomes at scale
- You will test playbooks and program ideas and track results based on defined customer goals
- You will identify common customer challenges and actively suggest better solutions
- You will coach customers to be product experts.
- You will partner with cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers
By month 6 you’ll…
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with customers
- Drive customers successfully through onboarding via one-to-many engagements
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your retention
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what types of skills you’ll need:
If what you just read excites and describes you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers. We have a strong preference for:
- A self-motivated, dedicated teammate with innovative ideas to inspire customer adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience quickly building customer relationships
- Ability to embrace the mindset of continuous improvement and actively contribute to the process and procedure of the team
- Familiarity with managing high volumes of customers
- Proven track record of highly-professional customer service in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Creative problem solving under pressure when working through customer issues
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork — and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org