Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You’ll Love This Job:
The Senior Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for delivering DTCC’s editorial strategy by developing original content and conducting research to support a wide range of external and internal communications. Primary responsibilities include internal communication support for Information Technology, US Benefits, and opportunities to collaborate on various internal communication campaigns to build employee engagement and a sense of community. The individual in this position should be an excellent copywriter, content developer and editor with knowledge of how to use communications across a range of channels to extend reach and impact. The individual should have a keen ability to distill sophisticated technical issues and write effective communications for non-expert audiences.
- Identify market and industry news and macro trends to develop original storylines and themes that help raise awareness of DTCC and its role in the global financial industry.
- Develop original content to support external and internal communications (editorial, videos, podcasts, webinars, blogs etc.), primarily for DTCC’s news and thought leadership outlets.
- Serve as content editor following an editorial process, from story generation, to the editing of content to the physical posting and publishing of online content.
- Collaborate with the Design and Digital Marketing teams to build original imagery to support communications projects and digital interfaces.
- Manage the review and approval process for external and internal communications projects.
- Ensure alignment and consistency with DTCC enterprise brand strategy.
- Draft and post social media content, as appropriate.
- Draft and distribute enterprise-level client communications and communications related to outage/service disruptions, including the drafting of post-event communications to clients.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; calls out appropriately
Talents Needed for Success:
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in political science, journalism, public relations, liberal arts, English or related degree.
- Outstanding storytelling skills and proven success with writing a wide range of communications across multiple channels; Ability to get along with subject matter authorities, internal departments, professional agencies and external audiences; Strong project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a writing, editorial or communications position, preferably in financial services and/or banking, serving senior executives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.