The Manager, IT is responsible for managing a geographically diverse team of Unix, storage, backup, and systems engineers to provide cutting edge, reliable infrastructure for hosting applications developed by Greenway. This position requires the ability to proactively manage and direct multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines. As a People Leader role at Greenway Health, this position will be expected to provide proactive and real-time coaching and feedback to team members and demonstrate the Greenway Competencies to include the Leadership Competencies of Care for Yourself, Care for Others and Care for our Brand.
· Manage engineers responsible for storage in the hosted and managed environments
· Manage engineers responsible for Unix (Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, VMWare ESX)
· Manage Unix virtualization technologies, including Oracle VM, ESX infrastructure, Solaris Zones, and other stacks
· Manage engineers responsible for backup and recovery across several campuses
· Interoperate with other organizations throughout the company, including R&D and IT
· Provide guidance to development organizations on good storage and backup principals
· Provide technical architecture guidance for Unix systems
· Provide operational direction to internal and 3rd parties during critical and outage situations
Skills & Requirements
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related field highly preferred. Experience may substitute for degree.
· 5-7 years of experience in a lead role or management role, preferably in a healthcare or software development environment.
· Expertise in modern operating systems.
· Knowledge of Unix variants, networking, storage, and security
· Knowledge of clustered systems
· Strong knowledge of physical systems and various system virtualization technologies
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
• This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board the majority of their work day
• This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices.
• The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
• The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day
• This role may involve occasional duties outside of normal working/business hours.