ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages existing clients and prospects by meeting with them, both in person and over the phone, to build and maintain strong, lasting relationships, discover financial needs and tailor product solutions to meet the client’s overall financial needs. This activity may be in the financial center, out-bound calling, visiting businesses or conducting educational seminars.
- Educates clients on alternate delivery methods and channels that make client’s lives easier by providing self-service options to access their accounts 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Refers clients to other business partners to provide clients with experts who can assist them with their specialized financial needs
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to solve client problems appropriately and efficiently to enhance the client experience.
- Processes a variety of routine and complex transactions for branch clients, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payment processing
- Will be asked to perform the duties of the role based upon the needs of the financial center.
- Support the Bank’s strong risk management culture through awareness, knowledge and sound decision making
- Ensure operational and financial safety and soundness. Awareness of the environment, the situation and the client; leverage Lobby Management as a tool for managing client interactions and risk.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- 2 years of sales and client service experience in a professional environment. Prior banking experience highly preferred.
- Proven ability to form and expand client relationships.
- Working knowledge of applicable banking products and regulations highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple banking systems and applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- State Life & Health Insurance licenses preferred.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. Employment is contingent upon meeting initial and ongoing registration requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills – in person and over the phone – with proven ability to tailor features and benefits of products/services to clients with differing needs
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and accurately
- Comfortable educating others on technology
- Professional, thorough and organized with strong follow-up skills
- Performs well in a team environment and proactively collaborates with others to serve clients
- Ability to understand and follow policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends, and some evenings
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.