Performs professional and strategic public relations duties, including strategizing the timely development, administration, and dissemination of information regarding a wide range of programs and services to foster and improve education, media, and community relations throughout Hillsborough County, while protecting and building Hillsborough County’s reputation.
- Bachelor’s degree; AND
- Two years of experience planning, implementing or managing public relations, community relations, marketing, or integrated communications programs; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Is detail-oriented, with a sound knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading.
- Has considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations/media relations strategy development.
- Is able to create quality content and/or public relations collateral including brand journalism.
- Has a thorough understanding of the local, regional, and national media market.
- Has the ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Is able to handle extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
- Has comprehensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and target audiences.
- Is able to manage content and program development end-to-end.