Provides leadership toward the development and implementation of comprehensive communications/education plans and strategies that increase engagement, awareness and understanding across the organization of the County’s programs as developed and instituted by County Administration. Utilizes innovative, strategic communication methodologies in order to facilitate large-scale/organizational change both vertically and/or horizontally throughout the organization and across multiple business units and/or departments.
- Graduation an accredited 4 year degree granting college or university in Public Administration, Organizational Communication or a related field; AND
- Five (5) years of experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below; AND
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- BA or AA preferred in communications, public administration, organizational communication or a related field
- Please add: Link portfolio of work
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic, comprehensive communication/awareness/education plans that increase engagement, awareness, and understanding of County programs and/or organizational initiatives.
- Expertly guides change management by implementing and utilizing innovative, strategic communication methodologies to facilitate large-scale/organizational change throughout the County and across multiple business units and/or departments.
- Responsible for establishing and managing internal communications as an integral function to the organization in order to foster the adoption and/or increase understanding of the County’s programs, key organizational priorities, and/or enterprise solutions.
- Successfully maintains relationships with a wide-ranging network of policymakers, opinion leaders, business institutions, organizational leaders, and others.
- Serves as a consultant and strategic communications partner to County Administration and County Administration departments including Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Serves as an expert on communicating change within the organization and across business units. Works to identify audiences and appropriate communications tools/tactics/vehicles for delivering key messages to optimize understanding and/or adoption of new initiatives/programs throughout the organization.
- Works closely with public relations and marketing staff to align messaging and programming as well as to execute programs and promote the communications functions within the organizational structure of County government.
- Handles special assignments and high-priority projects as assigned by the Chief Communications Administrator including aligning organizational communications efforts to the County’s strategic plan, mission, and values.
- Provides counsel, guidance and strategic oversight of the County’s intranet platform as well as serves as a key content contributor.
- Utilizes data insights to help guide communication plans and provide recommendations to adjust strategies and optimize approaches.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Critical Thinking: Highly complex: work is broad in scope covering one or more complicated areas. Policy, procedure, or precedent are typically created by this position.
- Decision Making: Highly complex: recommends departmental or county objectives, evaluates new approaches to problem solving, and assess change facts conditions.
- Communication: Develops & maintains internal relationships involving difficult, formal negotiation. Calls for well-developed sense of timing/strategy.
- Strategic Planning: Long-range strategic planning and performance measure for organizational effectiveness. Plans events, which includes budgetary planning.
- Leadership: Requires the ability to work independently and manage projects.
- Managerial/Operational Skills: Responsible for supervising multiple functions with full accountability for efficient and effective operation and results.
- Analytical Ability: High degree of analytical & inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate/technically complex problems.
- Managing Complexity: Requires the ability to manage highly-complex situations and campaigns.