The Information Technology Projects Manager is responsible for coordinating technical professional resources involved in technology analysis, review, development, coordination, implementation, and documentation of new or maintenance of existing information technology systems, infrastructure to ensure effective technology systems as well as ensure infrastructure controls are in place to support business operations. This position is responsible for providing project management services through the coordination of multiple functional areas, in collaboration with, project/program leadership, department stakeholders, Service Delivery Managers and team members.
The Hillsborough County Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is seeking an experienced project manager professional to plan and lead multiple complex technology projects and initiatives via a matrix organizational model of project managers and technical resources to ensure project delivery. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and experience to work independently, exercise sound judgment in decision-making, anticipate and mitigate risk, be organizationally aware, is flexible, and be motivated to learn. The individual will have experience building stakeholder partnerships and can effectively balance the customer-centric project delivery approach Experience managing the implementation of payment platforms, cyber security initiatives, and technology infrastructure projects.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information technology, business management, public administration, accounting or engineering field; AND
Three years of experience managing Information Systems and implementing enterprisewide systems and applications utilizing project management best practices and methodologies; OR
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below. (For education and experience only, does not include legally required Licenses or Certifications.)
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Facilitates all phases of the project management process including scheduling and conducting project meetings, communicating assignments and expectations to project team members, and tracking completion of project deliverables to ensure quality and integrity of all project-related products.
- Participates directly in project development and ensures that assigned projects are effectively planned and well-organized.
- Prepares project plans and schedules to include coordinating requirements, tasks, work assignments, and resources to ensure project integrity.
- Oversees the formulation of project objectives and system development requirements.
- Resolves project conflicts, identifies resource requirements and aligns the project team on project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Follows established project management methodologies, utilizes necessary software resources and documentation to execute and control cross-functional project implementations.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to the project team to ensure the success of projects.
- Communicates project information to stakeholders, create presentations, reviews and edits project deliverables and maintains the project information repository.
- Indirectly supervises and coaches a staff of technical personnel engaged in the performance of highly complex systems and / or programming activities.
- Develops plans for testing and implementing systems and monitors those processes to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Follows established project management methodologies, utilizes necessary software resources and documentation to execute and control large-scale crossfunctional project implementations.
- Performs project management duties on routine technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Knowledge of current technology project methodology, including established standardized processes, best practices, and related project artifacts.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, development, planning, and documentation methods and standards.
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server-based applications.
- Ability to implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and make logical decisions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects and tasks to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to provide project delivery in the areas of project planning, management execution, resource capacity planning and allocation, and implementation of technology centric projects.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
- Ability to analyze moderately complex and or complicated problems, varied and seldom
related to those seen before, determining problem’s root cause requiring considerable individual effort as well as consultation with other technical resources throughout the department. Need to be able to develop new and nonstandard approaches.
- Ability to make effective analytic decisions, including situations with ambiguity and/or uncertainty; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Significant communication skills – written and verbal; exceptional active listening skills; ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization; ability to produce clear, precise, well-designed communications in a variety of media, including print, electronic and visual formats.
- Ability to implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations; ability to assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts daily, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Knowledge of project management approaches and tools; expertise in software development lifecycle principles and methodologies.
- Ability to influence others to move towards a common goal; ability to coordinate the activities or tasks of people and/or groups; Experience establishing and working with senior leadership teams.
- Ability to make strong analytic decisions and effectively prioritize/execute tasks in a highpressure
environment. A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking is required to solve complex and intricate technology problems.
- Formally plans and manages functions related to the deployment of enterprise-wide technology systems.
- Preferred – Technical knowledge and use of software systems and/or network infrastructures.