Performs professional level work developing, organizing, administering, and evaluation assigned programs and functions, providing guidance and technical expertise to assigned program staff, other departments, the community, and program participants. Incumbent may coordinate one or more specialized programs. The specific duties of this position may include:
Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers to support Aging Services programs
Attend fairs and outreach events
Draft and update training materials, and policies and procedures
Organize volunteer recognition events
Assist with special events
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university; AND
- Two (2) years of experience directly related to the assigned program; OR
- An equivalent combination of education (not less than possession of a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customer and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, develops, implements and/or modifies program procedures, guidelines and policies to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Conducts needs assessment data analysis to facilitate developing grant applications to obtain funding for assigned projects.
- Evaluates program results and determines changes that need to be made in program policies and procedures based on feedback from customers, service providers, and/or community groups.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments by auditing and evaluating program progress to determine if the program is achieving its objectives.
- Analyzes program data, identifies actual and potential problem areas, trends and related factors that impact the program, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings including solutions and recommendations.
- Ensures program operates in compliance with departmental goals and objectives, pertinent laws, rules, and regulations, monitors federal, state, and/or regional regulatory changes to determine when program rules and regulations need to be revised, and advises service providers, community groups, and clients on changes needed to comply with program criteria.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the programs, services, policies, procedures and regulations of the department to which assigned.
- Knowledge of the specific functions, activities, and services provided by the assigned programs and projects.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing assigned program and projects.
- Knowledge of organizational and methods and procedures relating to the effective coordination and administration of assigned programs.
- Knowledge of budget management practices and procedures.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the work of assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to organize programs, projects and special events.
- Ability to monitor, oversee and provide guidance to volunteers, assigned staff, clients and customers.
- Ability to maintain files and records and prepare reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Ability to organize and to multi-task.