Holland and Knight, LLP seeks an experienced IT Security Analyst to join our Information Technology team in Brandon, FL. The Security Analyst will assist in administering and monitoring the general security health of the Holland and Knight IT systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of devices within the environment.
- Actively participate in researching trends and current countermeasures for cyber security vulnerabilities, exploits, and other malicious activity.
- Provide Incident Response support as needed.
- Provide analysis based on threat and vulnerability reports.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Understanding and acting on log data from various security technologies including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Solutions, DLP, etc.
- Scan systems for known vulnerabilities and provide support in the remediation of any vulnerabilities found.
- Identify areas of security risk to the Firm and assists with efforts to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level.
- Measure and report on the Firm’s security posture through the ongoing development and refinement of security metrics.
- Perform issue and problem resolution and general security operations support.
- Provide periodic “on-call” support of security operations during non-business hours.
- Ability to understand, prioritize and complete tasks by working independently or with a team.
- Review, recommend and assist in implementing proper security diagnostic and access tools to enable the analysis, reporting and escalation of security events.
- Assist in the growth and development of the incident response team to act quickly and accurately during emergency situations.
- Approaches all problems, projects, and incidents with a high level of professionalism, objectivity and an open mind to new ideas and solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of vendor products, services and security technologies and recommend/implement their use.
- 4+ years’ experience in a technical support role or job related experience, supporting security related technology in a diverse technology environment.
- Experience with a System Information and Event Management (SIEM) or other scalable log management solution, including the configuration and tuning of the system.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and reporting (e.g., Nessus, Qualys, Rapid 7, etc.).
- Experience in monitoring and administrating various technical security controls such as firewalls, web filters and anti-virus solutions.
- Experience in Operating Systems: Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux, Windows 7-10.
- Experience in Network Technologies: Cisco LAN/WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience in Security Infrastructure Applications: Endpoint Detection and Response tools, automated systems management, vulnerability management tools, password management tools, email server security.
- Experience in Software: office productivity software, popular browsers, security related software analysis and protection, other business applications (accounting, practice management, CRM, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Current SANS and/or other security certifications preferred.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.