• Tampa, FL, USA
• Full Time
Email Me This Job
The Software Development Manager will provide overall planning, coordinating, and management of software implementation projects for the respective Product Group Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project; develops project plan incorporating all project variables.
• Manages project deliverables using Agile development and management techniques.
• Coordinates and monitors projects from initiation through delivery:
• Ensures that projects remain on schedule and within budget.
• Manages expectations and scope creep
• Ensures projects are completed according to corporate plan.
• Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate any risks.
• Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
• Prepares reports on project progress and problems
• Communicates with project team, Product Director, and company management to keep them informed of project status and product details.
• Provides feedback to team members on a regular basis and performs annual performance reviews.
• Seeks to improve processes with a focus on quality and efficiency, as well as cost reduction in order to maximize ROI.
• Acts as one of the product experts in meetings with both external and internal customers.
• Facilitates triage process for defects and feature requests, coordinates with Director to prioritize.
Directly supervises Engineers on the assigned Product Group Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science Degree or better in Computer Science or related discipline and 7 to 10 years of real industry experience as a software developer or development manager and or equivalent in education and or experience, with at least 5 of those leading highly technical teams.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) Preferred PMP Certification – Preferred
• Experience delivering a world-class customer experience and a detailed understanding of what made that customer experience world-class
• Experience with Software Development Lifecycles and Software Engineering Disciplines, including: Agile and/or Iterative Software Development
• Excellent understanding and experience in disciplined application of quality assurance, source control, defect tracking, change management, requirements management, object oriented analysis and design techniques.
• Experience shipping one or more large-scale products to market.
• Experience managing several independent projects simultaneously.
• Previous experience in software development.
• A proven track record of technological and business success.
• Experience in managing development and deployment through staging and production environments.
• Experience with Scrum
• C++, .net or JAVA
• Experience with document imaging or other imaging development.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen
• Ability to see ideas and imagine possibilities
• Ability to challenge/question highly technical people to get them to consider alternatives.
• Comfort with ambiguous challenges
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong organization, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to take initiative and contribute to a high-performance team
Up to 15-20% Travel Required
Accusoft is a software development company specializing in content processing, conversion and automation solutions. From out-of-the-box and configurable applications to APIs built for developers, we help organizations solve their most complex content workflow challenges. Our patented solutions enable users to gain insight from content in any format, on any device with greater efficiency, flexibility, and security.
CULTURE and PERKS:
Founded in 1991, Accusoft brings together an extremely talented, intelligent group of people to solve challenges and work together on some of the most sophisticated imaging technology in the world. We surround ourselves with creative and innovative thinkers who care about what they create and want to be part of the solution.
Some other unique things about us…
• Great work-life balance
• Free beverages and snacks
• Electric Vehicle Parking Stations/Spaces
• Onsite Foosball, Ping-Pong, Pool Table, Video Games
• Company Gym onsite and local riverside park just minutes away
• Discounts off food provided by local restaurant vendors
• Monthly Birthday Celebrations
• And a Social Committee dedicated to coordinating fun group activities for the team
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits are provided with a minimum waiting period. Some of our benefits include 401k, vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, stock option plan, comprehensive health and dental plan, company paid short & long term disability, and life insurance, a fun family oriented environment, and more! Join our team in Tampa, FL for a rewarding career in digital imaging!
ACCUSOFT CORPORATION IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE