The Senior Associate Data Engineer is a member of the Global Information Protection (GIP) Metrics & Analytics team responsible for developing, administering, and enhancing Amgen’s cybersecurity metrics and analytics platform which collocates GIP’s data in a data warehouse on the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) and structures it in a central repository in preparation for strategic, operational, and tactical reporting for GIP’s internal and external stakeholders.
The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the data is properly architected to effectively measure performance against GIP’s initiatives and display appropriate data in consolidated dashboards for various stakeholders. The Engineer will require collaboration with the data warehouse team, service owners, system owners, and external vendors in various time zones to develop, maintain, and enhance GIP’s metrics platform.
- Lead the development of Relational Database Service (RDS) structure; overseeing the key technical contributors when assessing and evaluating future reporting solutions
- Contribute to the design and development for on-demand reporting solutions to support key stakeholders
- Assess and leverage new technologies to ensure that the data solutions are stable, efficient, and responsive to appropriate business needs
- Maintain and upkeep the program’s vision and ensure interoperability cost effective and authorized technologies (e.g., cloud environments)
- Maintain awareness of the changing analytics environment by partnering with Amgen’s Analytics team and industry (e.g., AI, machine learning, etc.)
- Take ownership of relevant issues and remediate problems through to completion, to include providing on-call support for data and integration solutions
- Work with data engineers to provide clear documentation for delivered solutions and processes, integrating documentation with the appropriate corporate stakeholders
- Develop, implement, and sustain operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment
- Analyze, design, develop and operate programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context
- Collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to identify & prioritize requirements, brainstorm solutions, and clarify business objectives for data-centric solutions to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience
- Assist with data discovery for enhancing reports and designing efficient data stores
- Contribute to the exploration and understanding of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and customer service focus
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Data Science / Data Science Engineering / Product Engineering experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Data Science / Data Science Engineering / Product Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Data Science / Data Science Engineering / Product Engineering experience
- 3 or more years working in Agile and/or devOps teams (SCRUM)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: MuleSoft, Informatica Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with various application technology stacks (BI stacks) and technology domains (Data Analytics)
- Working experience with data analytic tools (e.g., Tableau, Splunk, Spotfire, Hadoop)
- Clear understanding of Relational and Dimensional database modeling
- Skilled programmer with sufficient experience in high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.)
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Big Data, Advanced Analytic techniques and Real Time data
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to adopt new cloud technologies and other paradigms such as emerging Big Data technologies (Hadoop, hive, etc.)
- Exceptional teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences
- Proven experience as a member and leader of a high performing team
- Strong ability to convey and influence complex technical issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable
- Experience applying change management methodologies in large / global corporate environments involving multiple businesses
- Proven adherence to SOPs, methodologies, and policies to include security policies
One or more of the following certifications, including but not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.