Hot Job of the Day!
Amgen is hiring a Programming Analyst!
Programming Analyst – Enterprise Analytics & Reporting
Amgen is seeking a Programming Analyst – Enterprise Analytics and Reporting who will work on our Analytics and Knowledge Management (AKM) team. The Analyst will report to the Sr. Manager- Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence and will work out of our Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, FL.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
The Programming Analyst – Enterprise Analytics and Reporting is responsible for designing and implementing analytics and reporting solutions and supporting related platforms in cloud to drive Amgen’s analytics and business intelligence strategy. The Incumbent will define the architecture and technical solutions to business problems that align with the overall analytics strategy. The incumbent will also identify redundancies and dependencies on other services and manage project executions with service delivery teams. AKM services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search, Information Architecture, Knowledge Management (KM) and Regulated Content Management.
Key Activities include:
- Leading the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support of key projects in data visualization, dashboards, and reporting using Tableau, Spotfire, IBM Cognos/TM1, and SAP Business Objects
- Working closely with the Big Data delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines
- Providing advice and support to project teams (project managers, architects, business analysts, and developers) on tools, technology, and methodology related to the design and development of Big Data solutions
- Developing roadmaps, position papers, presentations, and demos to socialize with our business clients and partner IS services
- Maintaining knowledge of market trends and developments in Predictive Analytics and related emerging technologies to provide recommendations and deliver best practice solutions
- Collaborating with business partners and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Estimating level of effort and hours entail for each phase of a project
- Ensuring projects and deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Delivering results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners including non-dedicated resources
- Managing relationships with internal business partners, service partners, and vendors
- Manages risk and compliance by adhering to legal and regulatory guidelines and establishing policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Managing/ simultaneously involving in multiple projects which are at different levels of progress
Master’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience focused on analytics, business intelligence, reporting or data management
- Able to successfully develop, launch, and manage product offerings for Analytics and Reporting
- Hands-on experience in architecting analytics and BI solutions using at-least two of the following technologies – Spotfire, Tableau, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR, Spark, Athena
- Experience with Data Warehouse platforms such as Teradata, Informatica, SnapLogic
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of RDBMS, MPP, and HDFS databases
- Experience managing the end-to-end delivery of large-scale/complex BI projects in Cloud/AWS environment
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and machine learning
- Knowledge of database and Data Warehouse design
- Penchant for learning about new technology innovation and creativity in application to business problems
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to work in a startup-like environment with little supervision
- Ability to work in development role, solution architect role, or act as a lead in managing a development team
- Ability to effectively present information for all levels, and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Managing many different projects with varying levels of progress and involvement simultaneously
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: make