Hot Job of the Day!
Baker McKenzie is hiring a Senior Manager, Legal Services!
Senior Manager, Legal Services – Tampa
The Senior Manager, Legal Services – Tampa will be responsible for a wide variety of matters, reporting to the Director of Legal Services and working closely with the Managing Director of Global eDiscovery & Data Advisory; responsible for working with the Firm’s lawyers around the world to deliver large scale projects to set timescales. These projects may include litigation matters, investigations (internal or regulatory), M&A or other transactional and multijurisdictional matters. These projects are typically cross-border in their nature, high value and complex.
- Working with the management of the Tampa Center and the Firm’s Alternative Legal Services team to develop a world-class center of excellence for the support of the Firm’s clients and attorneys across the globe
- Working with the Firm’s lawyers in connection with large scale disclosure and investigation projects, often across multiple jurisdictions
- Supervising teams of attorneys and other legal professionals across a variety of matters, such as disclosure and investigation projects
- Assisting the Alternative Legal Services team to carry out reviews and develop reports and ancillary deliverables in support of, for example, M&A transactions, working with other Baker McKenzie offices around the world. This may include preparation of transaction documentation and assisting with actions required for single and multi-jurisdiction transactions
- Providing support to a variety of the Firm’s practice groups
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues in the Firm’s Center in Tampa and with partners and lawyers in all sectors / departments in a variety of jurisdictions
- Contributing to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement;
- Working with and providing support to other teams within the Tampa Center
- Developing innovative use of IT platforms and know-how databases
Skills and experience:
- Florida Bar Admission and significant experience in legal practice as a qualified attorney
- Experience of managing high performing teams
- Extensive experience in electronic discovery, proficient user of industry standard eDiscovery databases including Relativity and Ringtail.; Experience with Nuix preferred but not required
- Extensive experience in liaising with clients and legal practitioners on technology assisted review (TAR) and continuous active learning (CAL) workflows
- Providing strategic advice on construction and application of search terms, advanced analytics, and 1LR development and workflow
- Ability to review, analyse and organize documentary and factual evidence
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- High work standards and flexible work practices
- Excellent writing, organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative, and has a proactive approach to challenges
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS