Hot Job of the Day!
The Bank of Tampa is hiring a Commercial Relationship Manager!
Since first opening in 1984, The Bank of Tampa has focused on serving Tampa Bay professionals and owner-managed businesses, which has given us an insight into our community that other banks simply cannot match. Our commercial banking officers use their deep understanding of the area to help our clients establish professional, cultural and social ties that benefit their businesses, their families, and themselves.
At The Bank of Tampa, we are committed to providing the highest level of banking services while nurturing a strong and lasting personal relationship that contributes to our client’s success. Service to our clients and our community is what we are all about.
Our Bankers are a critical component of our success, as they represent our Brand in our Community. What sets our Bankers apart from others is the value we bring in consulting to our clients on their individual financial objectives. Across our 11 banking offices in Hillsborough and Pinellas county and Sarasota, our Commercial Relationship Managers bring solutions-oriented client perspective, embrace accountability for their own goals, and they create value for our clients during each interaction. Our Commercial Relationship Managers are highly regarded bankers, comfortable with the role and image of a sales professional and has expert knowledge in all banking services including credit, treasury services, and depository services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Will lead and participate in sales calls in support of commercial and personal banking to develop new business and increase or retain existing business. Recognizing this is a new market and this activity will center around developing new business and transition into managing an existing book of business overtime.
- Will consult with clients and prospective clients and to make sound financial recommendations for bank services
- Will attend to the needs of clients seeking predominately large personal and business related financial services, including expertise in making decisions on credit and terms if within own lending limits, or make recommendations to a superior officer.
- Will interview potential clients to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, abilities and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
- Will translate external market conditions and trends to drive profitability and growth of the portfolio, while enhancing The Bank of Tampa brand value.
- Will proactively participate in the community banking efforts within an assigned Market or Office by identifying and developing strong referral relationships and actively participating in civic, professional and non-profit organizations..
- Will communicate with impact and enthusiasm in formal and informal settings audiences such as corporate leadership, major project leadership, and senior loan committee.
- Will maintain credit quality of loan portfolios.
“This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.”
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a Bank
- 4- Year Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BS or BA) preferably with a business or finance focus or equivalent education and experience
- Proven experience in commercial or business banking with a portfolio of clients 5-25 MM in revenue
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as local travel will be required 20-60% of the time
- Formal credit training and underwriting experience
- Member of group of associations affiliated with our client niche such as Chamber of Commerce, Legal and Medical association groups, Community groups
- Hold one civic or philanthropic board position
THE BANK OF TAMPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS