The role will be responsible for setting and executing the strategy for Bloomin’ Brands logistics and distribution programs with the goal of driving service improvements to our restaurants and optimizing cost metrics. The Director of Logistics will be responsible for the relationship, risk, and financial management of all distribution partners, suppliers and 3PLs including the selection and onboarding of any new ones as business needs dictate.
- Direct and lead the team that manages distribution and logistics needs
- Provide strategic leadership and contribution to cross functional team
- Responsible for over $100M in spend, setting a financial plan and managing to it
- Partner with key external and internal stakeholders to understand short and long term opportunities to improve the impact and effectiveness of the Supply Chain organization
- Manage relationships and performance based on SLA’s with key logistics and distribution partners, including leading QBR’s and site visits as necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and deploys opportunities for distribution and logistics cost reductions, risk management, and service improvements to Sr. Leaders in the company
- Create and manage RFP process for logistics and distribution partners, including awarding business, implementation and internal change management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key supply chain, concept and cross functional teams.
- Keep all key stakeholders aligned with logistics and distribution strategies and underlying tactics
- Develop and maintain KPIs to drive continuous improvement in the areas of transportation including on time delivery metrics, freight cost management, fuel cost management
- Oversee negotiation of distribution partners and 3PL contracts and services
- Responsible for leading crisis management team and communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience preferred in logistics and distribution
- Experience with food service distribution is a plus
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge of logistics and distribution / supply
- Successful track record in leading senior level strategy initiatives
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with all levels of people in the organization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team