The Executive Assistant to the Head, NACC-HQ, Global Business Operations, provides administrative support to the Site Executive and general manager of the Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center (NACC) and broad-based administrative support and leadership to associated Strategic Operations and functional teams.
This role is vital to a variety of internal and external activities to include planning, execution, coordination and management of a broad range of administrative issues assisting the site executive and other staff as assigned. There is heavy emphasis on development of relationships and collaboration with a broad range of staff across the company, so an ability to cultivate positive relationships and professional, friendly demeanor is vital.
Activities are broad ranging, but include administrative activities such as meeting and schedule management, event planning, travel planning, expense report processing, various workforce and administrative reporting, use of various internal electronic system applications for purchasing, invoicing, and contract tracking, etc. There will be a heavy demand for proper scheduling and coordination between our location in Tampa Bay and many other global BMS locations, particularly our corporate campuses in central New Jersey.
The position is responsible for the proper coordination, arrangements and administrative support and improvement of the company’s on boarding of new employees, contractors, consultants, and other staff. Additionally, the position is responsible for acquiring a thorough knowledge base related to site and corporate operations, policies and procedures. A “can-do,” positive attitude and superior communications skills are vital, along with an ability to rapidly create positive working relationships across a large base of stakeholders are a must.
The position includes the responsibility to maintain sensitive information in confidence where required. This individual will operate under general supervision and will have broad latitude for applying independent judgment and initiative related to tasks pertinent to the role. In addition, this role may lead various departmental related projects or business and social events. The role may maintain responsibilities for tracking and completing project related tasks including cost, resource and time tracking. Budget-related activities are included in the responsibilities.
Key Business Partners
- Site executive and staff of the North America Capability Center (NACC) and associated NACC Strategic Operations or other teams globally.
- Other administrators globally, especially executive administrative staff, across the company. Corporate executives, leaders, managers and their staff. External community business leaders and their staff, stakeholders, and so forth.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Executive support, NACC support, including staff support as needed
- Process and track expense reports on time
- Schedule internal/external meetings and coordinate associated agendas
- Assist with activities (including processing transactions) in BMS systems such as WorkDay, Concur, SharePoint, Skype, various Microsoft Office programs, various internal BMS systems, etc.
- Provide administrative coordination and other services for on-boarding new employees, contractors, consultants and all related activities needed to successfully bring new staff into the company in Tampa Bay
- Conduct and coordinate meetings, record, report and follow-up on action items
- Work with unwavering dedication to ethics and integrity at all times and in all activities as an internal and external representative of the company
- Confidence and proficiency working with new office automation technologies, including use of audio/video conferencing
- Coordinate travel plans and itineraries, review expense reports
- Process expense reports using Concur
- Use systems such as SAP, Ariba, Buy@BMS, and use basic technology skills to learn these tools rapidly
- Coordinate meeting/event schedules and provide general team support for these activities
- Work with all external partners/staff, community leaders/staff, political leaders/staff, and do so at all times with a pleasant, positive, and professional manner
- Arrange travel plans for team members as necessary
- Process invoices/contracts through BMS systems such as SRM/SAP and Onyx
- Maintain site-wide office supply and other ordering activities
- Create and monitor budgets for administrative and site-wide activities
- Support groups with special projects as needed, including BMS People and Business Resource Groups
- Draft, review and finalize correspondence as necessary
- Create or review presentation material using various tools including MS PowerPoint
- Assist with MS SharePoint applications and set-up Project Assistance
- Create databases and reports as needed for tracking travel, contract deliverables, and other key documentation types
- Track actual resources devoted to the project versus resource allocations
- Track team deliverables as necessary, build and report on meeting minutes
- Proactively seek and distribute relevant project information (i.e. Gantt chart, meeting minutes, reports) to multiple parties
- Develop, maintain and improve a range of administrative reporting capabilities in collaboration with BMS Business Insights & Analytics department, or other internal groups
- Interact and develop good relationships with executive staffs around the company in a professional manner
- Prepare hard/soft copies of documents required for attendees at meetings, including professional layout of documents according per corporate branding
- Assist team leaders in planning and hosting effective and efficient team meetings
- Interface and make arrangements with site facilities, security, food services staff
- Work closely with communications, corporate security, business continuity, crisis management, legal, human resources and other support organizations as required
- Other activities as assigned
- B.S./B.A. degree, A.A./A.S. Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years progressive administrative experience, with Executive level support experience is very highly preferred
- Superb written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills are required
- Strong organizational skills and a positive, pleasant and “can-do” attitude, combined with a high level of professionalism, are required
- Ability to provide executive support with the coordination of management tasks while executing independent assignments is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaboration/teamwork, and adaptive skills, and ability to work well under pressure when not all details are known (adjusting to “gray areas”) is required
- Ability to work independently and rapidly, while making reasonable decisions sometimes in the absence of immediate information, is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) required Experience with Visio and SharePoint), along with office management software including procurement solutions, Concur, etc., is very highly preferred
- Previous experience in high technology, scientific, or life sciences firm (e.g. biotechnology, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, engineering, information technology) is a plus but not required
- Good professional or influential relationships across the Tampa Bay community are a plus
- Multi-lingual capability is not required, but may be a plus
- Broad experience across many activities, departments and functions in a large multi-national corporation
- Exposure to a wide variety of activities, including executive and managerial relationships enabling a strong ability to build an understanding of the business globally, and the community locally
- Further develop project management, communication and professional skills
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer.