Hot Job of the Day~
City of Tampa is hiring a Digital Content Creator!
Digital Content Creator
|Department||Marketing & Communications|
|Open Date||3/29/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.36 – $37.98/hour; $4395.73/ – $6583.20/month; $52,748.80 – $78,998.40/year|
|Type of Recruitment||Open|
NATURE OF WORK
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provides the following services to all city departments: brand identity, logo design, video production, and graphics development of creative themes and schematics; strategy to achieve their goals through print and digital media; image/photo enhancement and/or manipulation; design and execution of creative, high-quality, print-ready publications.
- Generates, edits, publishes and shares daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) to all applicable social media outlets.
- Develop social media campaigns to address specific goals and initiatives.
- Monitor and engage in City-related online conversations.
- Respond to social media inquiries in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze social media performance metrics and make recommendations on content, design or features to improve effectiveness.
- Proactively brainstorms, including mocking up design ideas and presenting strategic communication ideas to internal staff.
- Coordinates printing services as needed.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of: English grammar, composition, and punctuation; publication formats and procedures; methods, principles, and practices utilized in graphic design; the programs utilized in graphic design and video production including Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, and Premiere Pro CC; all applicable social media and analytics platforms; MS Office; Google Drive.
- Some knowledge of: photographic techniques and materials; amateur video editing software; website development.
- Ability to: effectively communicate through written and verbal skills; handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines; learn and adapt quickly to change; demonstrate time management and organizational skills; maintain quality check on all pieces; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, departmental representatives, and the general public.
- Skill in: the operation of Windows-based computers; the use of Apple iPhone and iPad.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field and a minimum of six (6) months of experience as a graphic designer, social media coordinator, and/or copywriter.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.