DTCC is hiring a Test Engineer!
About this Opportunity
Responsible for system integration testing, including automation, of newly developed or enhanced applications. Provides testing expertise, testing oversight and direction for multiple projects. Ensures the functionality of the functional design specification is met. Requires a functional understanding of distributed and/or mainframe test environments. Requires in-depth knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle (specifically the ADM testing model, methodology, and processes), leadership skills and the ability to work well with both business clients and developers.
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
What You’ll Do
- Project Coordination:
- Perform all development lifecycle quality assurance for the work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, test plans and results.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and reviews the work produced by other team members on the Team.
- Assists in coordinating the implementation of changes to improve performance.
- Facilitates individual team member development of technical, functional, and industry skills for more junior or less experienced team members.
- Content Management:
- Acts as subject matter expert for applications/systems under his/her responsibility.
- Works closely with business and AD subject matter experts, to continually improve depth and breadth of knowledge for assigned applications/systems.
- Assists in education of more junior or less experienced team members for assigned applications/systems, thus helping build the next round SME’s for assigned applications/systems.
- Drives the planning and executes end-to-end testing activities.
- Coordinates with internal and external interfaces in more complex end-to-end testing situations.
- Prepares the data within the environment necessary for larger and more complex systems.
- Provides impact analysis and regression testing of product changes.
- Creates scripts required for end to end testing on larger and more complex systems.
- Records and analyze results of testing sessions, prepares summary reports, and presents results.
- Contributes to the Automation development of end-to-end regression.
- Software Quality Management:
- Monitors adherence to quality standards during the development and implementation of production applications, identifies areas of strengths and weakness.
- Works with project teams during early stages to establish plans, standards, and procedures that will add value to the development effort and satisfy the constraints of the project.
- Automated Testing:
- Advanced java development skills with significant experience applying those skills in test environments.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment in collaboration with BAs, product owners and application developers.
- Ability to develop, maintain, enhance and execute complex automated scripts using Selenium.
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) as well as CI/CD technologies (e.g. Cloudbees, Jenkins, Cucumber, Git, JUnit, Jira, etc.).
- Able to interpret technical designs and specifications and design automated solutions accordingly.
- Ability to develop automated test strategies for projects, provide status to stakeholders and drive strategies to completion.
- Experienced in mentoring more junior QA engineers, verifying work products and providing guidance as needed.
- Capable of working on multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment with extreme multi-tasking and context switching.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence representing QA principles within agile teams.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the entire software implementation lifecycle (SILC)
- Requires a functional understanding of distributed and/or mainframe test environments
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide. At DTCC we value on our clients’ interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS