Hot Job of the Day!
DTCC is hiring a Program Manager!
Business Unit: Information Technology
Department: OCIO- IT PMO
Job Family: Information Technology
Job Title: Program Manager
Corporate Title: Associate Director
FLSA Code (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
Business Unit Description:
The IT Project Delivery department is responsible for execution of all the projects within the enterprise Information Technology investment portfolio. This department:
- Identifies internal and hires external project managers to staff projects across IT
- Develops project management staff by assigning challenging projects across all domains
- Executes the function of project management consistent with internal standards and the highest performance expectations
- Works as a community of practitioners to elevate the performance of all project managers and the processes and tools used to support project management
- Works closely with all areas of DTCC IT to ensure broad collaboration in the execution of projects
The Program Manager leads high priority initiatives characterized as cross-domain, resource-intensive and critical to the success of DTCC’s business units. The Program Manager is responsible for leading the execution and delivery of programs across DTCC IT and is expected to deliver results while maintaining a positive impact on the sponsors and broader stakeholder community. Is responsible for managing project execution and project manager performance. Ensures that the project teams adhere to the process through all phases of the project life-cycle. Responsible for creating the program strategy and benefits and ensures that each project has the appropriate strategy and benefits to support the goals of the program. Is capable of independently communicating to executives in both formal and informal scenarios. Is able to effectively escalate and manage program level issues and risks. Can effectively align project timing, strategy, and objectives to support the program in a way that is more beneficial than managing individual projects. As a senior leader in the OCIO this role requires the ability to manage staff of all levels and ensure their success in managing and supporting initiatives within IT. Requires the ability to lead, coach, and mentor. Responsible for supporting internal process improvement initiatives and to improve project management capabilities.
Note: Positions require the ability to embrace transformation trend supporting technology (cloud, automation, resilience, security) and execution strategies (agile, waterfall) as appropriate.
- Follow the DTCC processes and methodologies for delivering programs and ensure all project managers within the program follow the DTCC prescribed methodologies and utilize the standard reporting templates. Effectively use the tools required for managing programs and projects at DTCC
- Define and review program scope, successfully plan and track multiple projects encompassing Product Management, ADM, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Information Security, OCIO, and IT Architecture
- Ensure senior management remains abreast of status and hold them accountable for facilitating mitigation of risks and resolution of escalated issues
- Support the iterative business planning process
- Inspire and lead through effective team management
- Track all program cost, schedules and performance against established program milestones; reporting the status to management stakeholders on a regular basis
- Understand and translate cross-team dependencies into actionable plans
- Track and report all interdependencies between multiple projects and other Programs
- Monitor resource utilization by continuously analyzing staffing requirements and resource allocations
- Ensure delivered products meet defined business requirements and are of high quality
- Proactively identify and manage risks. Plan for an effective risk mitigation
- Lead and define the change management process for all the projects
- Conducts program reviews that identify root-cause and corrective action as well as continuous improvement and financial performance
- Timely resolution of conflicts and issues. Negotiates the scope and approach, and acts as liaison between appropriate groups/individuals and vendors/contractors.
- Build a communications strategy and execution plan for the program. Present, run, and manage Executive Visioning, Kickoff, and Steering Committee Meetings for all programs assigned.
- Actively contribute as a member of the Program Management Center of Excellence. Also become well versed and technically astute in Enterprise Infrastructure technologies and the current architecture to enable the PM to also serve as a trusted advisor to the Program Sponsor.
- Work with multiple stakeholders in the Business and IT to meet the desired objectives
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Select and implement appropriate methodology to deliver results
- Embrace transformation initiatives including technology and methodology
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others, provides feedback to others in support of their development, and is open and honest while dealing constructively with criticism.
- Delegating: Effectively manages tasks and people, taking a practical approach to determine the most effective method of execution while respecting others’ expertise and considering others’ feelings and working styles.
- Inclusive Leadership: Values individuals and embraces diversity by integrating differences and promoting diversity and inclusion across teams and functions.
- Coaching: Understands and anticipates people’s needs, skills, and abilities, in order to coach, motivate and empower them for success.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience (Program and Staff Management)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients’ interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS