Job Title: Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Program Specialist – Elementary
Position Reports to: Team Lead, Elementary
FLSA Status (Exempt or Non-exempt): Exempt
Position Summary: The role of the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Program Specialist – Elementary is to plan and
implement high-quality evidence-based programming to the community using an array of best practices
identified by Frameworks of Tampa Bay, Inc. The SEL Program Specialist – Elementary also develops
positive school communities with teachers, administrators, and parents through professional
development, coaching support, modeling and through the provision of appropriate resources and
• Plan and implement social and emotional learning focused programming for students and
teachers according to the Frameworks of Tampa Bay, Inc. standards at the Elementary level.
• Create, adapt, and deliver existing curricula programs and trainings to best meet the needs of
• Work closely with schools and partner agencies to establish meaningful connections and a
• Provide coaching support to teachers, administrators, and other school staff related to social
and emotional learning evidence-based program implementation by modeling, co-leading,
observing, and providing feedback.
• Develop, plan, and facilitate workshops and presentations for school faculty and staff, parents
and community members related to social and emotional learning topics.
• Support all Frameworks staff, programs, projects, and events as needed in a positive and
• Administer surveys and questionnaires to evaluate various aspects of program performance and
use data to guide future programmatic efforts.
• Assist with the marketing of youth social and emotional learning programs, and seek new, as
well as maintain existing, community partnerships.
• Maintain professionalism at all times and positively communicate the mission of Frameworks
and its staff.
• Continuous working knowledge of the research on social and emotional learning.
• All other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Math, Reading, Written Communication, Oral Communication and Reasoning Ability – college
• Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people;
• Ability to take direction from others;
• Ability to be self-managed but work well to support a team effort;
• Work well under time constraints, and in stressful conditions;
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written;
• Efficient time management and prioritization;
• High-energy, caring, self-starter, and innovative.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education, training, public or mental health
administration/mgmt., or other related experience. Elementary level experience highly
• Strong organization, oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively
and collaboratively as a team member.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bilingual capacity a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is
largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open
filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office
products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
• Local Travel – will require travel up to 50%.
• Valid State Driver’s License.
• Must pass background and fingerprinting check as well as drug test.
• Receives direct supervision from the Team Lead, and indirect supervision from the Program
Director and Chief Executive Officer.
• Daily contact with Framework’s employees and management.
• Regular contact with board members, volunteers, donors and community partners.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, calculator, alarm,
reference books and automobile. Frameworks of Tampa Bay, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Job
duties are subject to change with or without notice based on business needs.