Hot Job of the Day!
GTE Financial is hiring a Mortgage Loan Executive!
Mortgage Loan Executive
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- POSITION SUMMARY
The Loan Executive is responsible for taking loan applications via the phone and reviewing applications received online and from community financial centers. The loan executive will ensure that member loan requests meet member needs, review credit, review automated underwriting decisions, make and follow up on initial document request from the borrowers and prepare loan for underwriting review. This position will have denial authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Loan Executive has the responsibility to fulfill the following functions and others as may be assigned:
- Counseling members on new mortgage loan options or procedures as determined by the current product guidelines.
- External LEs will work with their assigned CFC teammates to develop a strong referral network through active coaching and strategy implementation.
- Analyze all loan file documentation to begin prequalification process, moving into full loan application entered into Loan Operating System (LOS)
- Working knowledge both secondary market. FHA, VA and CU Portfolio loans and the documentation that goes with those loan products.
- Timely follow-up with members. Hitting defined service level expectations.
- Communicate lending decisions with regards to denials or counter-offers upfront.
- Qualify for NMLS registration according to the Safe Act.
- Retain and enhance mortgage acumen and specifically maintain knowledge of mortgage products and services offered by the credit union.
- Reinforce the selling points of our loan types, rates, payments, and terms of mortgage products.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and disclose correct information to members as required by law.
- All work responsibilities are subject to performance goals and/or targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational goal and production planning.
- Engage in weekly or bi-weekly team meetings, conference calls, and events as assigned
- Cross-train in order to perform other duties assigned
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the necessary federal laws and regulation as defined by GTE Financial
- This position may be assigned to work internally, externally or remote.
- Applicant will be expected to develop a working knowledge of GTEs full suite of not only lending products but also any other product offered to our members (ie: Checking, Commercial, Investments & Insurance Services)
Other Job Functions:
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Abide by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Required Skills
- KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent leadership, organizational and planning skills
- Sufficient analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with management and staff
- Engaged in campus activities and community involvement
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities and tasks to accomplish goals and objectives
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Ability to present a professional image with management, staff, members, and peers
- Capacity to work independently, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem-solving
- Proficient computer skills. Experience with Encompass preferred or similar origination LOS
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range
- Daily activities of an administrative nature with long periods of prolonged sitting.
- Extensive typing, filing, and writing.
- Required Experience
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience or a combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of secondary market is preferred, but not required.
• The associate is encouraged to attend (upon approval) those work-related educational or instructional classes as may be offered
GTE Financial reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Job Location
- Tampa, Florida, United States
- Position Type
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS