Hot Job of the Day!
Hillsborough County, Florida government is hiring a Chief Information Security Officer!
Chief Information Security Officer
Date Opened: 4/25/2018 12:01:00 PM
Filing Deadline: Extended
Salary: 108,368.00 – 173,368.00
Department: Information & Innovation Ofc
Job Type: Unclassified
Employment Type: Full-Time
WHY JOIN US
Hillsborough County Government provides employees with careers that are both professionally and personally rewarding. With a wide range of independent agencies to choose from, the opportunities within Hillsborough County Government are endless! You are not just an employee within the government, you are an ambassador and business partner making a huge impact within our community that helps shape our future.
WHY WE EXIST
Our mission is to provide effective quality service at a reasonable cost with courtesy, integrity and accountability in a manner that protects and enhances the quality of life of our diverse population.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Security, or a closely related computer security technology field, or in Business
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Cyber security, Computer Information Security, or closely related computer security field, or in Business preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of direct technical information security experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a significant leadership role.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements and monitors a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information owned, controlled or processed by the organization.
- Manages the enterprise’s security organization, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports (such as individuals in business continuity and IT operations), including hiring, training, staff development, performance management and annual performance review.
- Facilitates information security governance through implementation of a hierarchical governance program, including the formation of an information security steering committee or advisory board.
- Develops, maintains and publishes up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines, and oversees training and dissemination of security policies and practices. Creates a framework for roles and responsibilities with regard to information ownership, classification, accountability and protection.
- Creates, communicates and implements a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including assessment of and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers
- Develops and manages information security budgets, and monitors them for variances.
- Creates and manages information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Works directly with the business units to facilitate IT risk assessment and risk management processes, and works with stakeholders through the enterprise on identifying acceptable levels of residual risk
- Provides periodic reporting on the current status of the information security program to enterprise risk teams, and senior management leaders as part of a strategic enterprise risk management program.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT and NIST
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of information technology and information security
- Considerable knowledge of intranets, extranets, network protocols, UNIX and Windows systems
- Considerable knowledge of industry security standards and governance, implementing security management products, and international privacy and security regulations
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Project management skills; financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran’s Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS