Hot Job of the Day!
IBM Global Services is currently seeking OpenShift and Ansible Consultants!
Cloud Openshift / Ansible Consultants/Architects
IBM • Tampa, FL
IBM Global Services is currently seeking OpenShift and Ansible Consultants Nationwide.
IBM Global Services Enterprise Linux team is an elite team in IBM Services. It leads and enables the world largest IT consulting arm to adopt the OpenShift and Ansible technology in developing cloud based applications.
If you have experience as an Consultant or have been a Consulting Architect with extensive experience in OpenShift or Ansible, and would like to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and Red Hat technologies through real world engagements, we want to speak to you! Please apply!
As a Openshift or Ansible Consultant you will:
- Lead cloud application implementation on top of OpenShift or Ansible
- Play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses
- Work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions
- Build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications
- Work with are IBM GBS Developers & Designers, GBS Application Architects, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and infrastructure SMEs
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with OpenShift; thereby becoming a trusted adviser to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use OpenShift as PaaS to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate OpenShift solution architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly
- At least 2 year’s experience in Technical consulting
- At least 2 year’s experience in building cloud applications
- At least 4 years development experience in Java and other languages
- At least 2 years with cloud solutions in the OpenShift and or Ansible
- Travel 75% to 100% – Consulting Monday – Thursday
- At least 8 year’s experience in Technical consulting
- At least 8 year’s experience in building cloud applications
- At least 8 years development experience in Java and other languages
- Experience with application development or application modernization
- Knowledge of application architecture (application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, CI/CD, build management etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate with customers on a daily basis in English
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (Pass)
- Openshift or Ansible certifications strongly desired but not required if sufficient work experience in this product domain can be provided
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.