IRONMAN is seeking a driven and innovative Manager, Email Marketing and CRM. This role is responsible for coordinating and executing on the IRONMAN CRM strategy as it relates to all direct marketing channels, with a strong emphasis on email marketing. The Email Marketing Manager position will also work closely with the Social Media, Editorial team, Athlete Development, PR, and Sales teams.
This position is based at the IRONMAN World Headquarters in Tampa, FL and reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
- Work with Director of Digital Marketing to develop and execute all email marketing campaigns; including athlete communications, race registration, marketing campaigns, e-commerce and partner emails.
- Plan and execute A/B email tests, report results and make recommendations for improvements based on those results.
- Manage and optimize the design, content, layout, customer segmentation and messaging strategies for direct marketing communications.
- Develop/create HTML email templates, recommending template enhancements or changes as needed.
- Work with internal and external creative resources to develop effective designs for all marketing communications and supporting digital experiences.
- Must have the ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices including deliverability, mobile optimization, browser compatibility, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry trends for tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Collaborate with partnerships and sales teams on contract based partner inclusions and best practices.
- Identify key metrics to analyze and monitor email performance within the different IRONMAN email subscriptions.
- Understand CRM systems/data and effectively translate this knowledge into solutions that automate processes and increase our ability to dynamically personalize athlete and prospect communications.
- Provide specialized expertise for the marketing discipline across acquisition, retention, churn management, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university with a major related to marketing or web design.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Ability to manage the relationship with the IRONMAN email service provider.
- Experience with various photo editing and graphic design tools a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Email development and HTML coding.
- Analytical and able to use to data to support strategy and optimization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative personality, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Creative problem solver.
- Knowledge and interest in endurance sports
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.