LifeLink Foundation has been named one of Tampa Bay’s Top 100 Work Places 2016 by the Tampa Bay Times.
Under the general direction of the Director, OPO Quality Systems, this position supports OPO core business operations through design, development and implementation of data driven solutions utilizing iTransplant, SRSS Reporting, Microsoft Access and Excel and other accessible business intelligence tools. This position consults with leadership and staff to deliver functional and innovative capabilities to benchmark and improve existing processes. This position supports OPO Senior leadership by overseeing data analyses relating to operational performance of the LifeLink OPOs. This position will integrate output from internal organizational systems and external industry sources (AOPO, CMS, OPTN/UNOS, SRTR), and analyze data for patterns, trends and opportunities for performance improvement through data driven decisions.
- Provides oversight and review/audit of all data and supporting documentation required for submission to meet deadlines for federal and state certifications as well as scheduled data submissions to UNOS, SRTR, AOPO and other required entities.
- Works closely with the Directors of OPO Quality Systems and Strategic and Operational Initiatives and the Executive Directors to review external regulatory agency (CMS, OPTN, AOPO etc) requirements, including routine review of standards and available measurements ensuring compliance with requirements and reporting.
- Facilitates routine meetings with Information Systems to bridge OPO operations and data output.
- Tests and validates ongoing iTransplant (or other defined software solutions) quarterly releases related to data and reporting.
- Maintains work instructions for all OPOs for routine and required reporting.
- Serves as a resource through the Managers of QAPI for each OPO for guidance of extracting and interpreting data.
- Responsible for participation in quarterly Process / Performance Improvement Committee (PIC) meetings including attendance and active participation in all standing committees of the PIC, ensuring committee goals and actions are congruent with the OPO Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Plan.
- Chairs the Data Output Committee as a standing committee of the PIC. Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of the QAPI dashboard and other defined reports generated as a result of the PIC meetings.
- Subject matter expert in building reports via SSRS Report Builder. Will determine through a needs assessment with the report requestor the desired output of the report; which includes the intended audience, method of delivery and desired format. The deliverable will include a report with defined fields, definitions and calculations.
- OPO/IS liaison with IS Report Writers for any reports deemed to be built via SSRS Report Writer. Will communicate the needs and validate on behalf of the OPOs.
- Acts as the Team Leader for all OPO report builders and Chairs the Report Builders workgroup.
- Direct and oversee the development and implementation of advanced programs and methodologies (i.e., error-checking, troubleshooting, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining the iTransplant database (and other relevant databases) by monitoring database data quality.
- Analyzes data for patterns, trends and to draw actionable conclusions. Will assist teams in identifying opportunities for performance improvement from these conclusions to assist in the development of solutions where established theories and techniques may not have been identified or where procedures may not be well established.
- Evaluate, identify and direct the use of analytic tools to automate report generation. Output produced would be both understandable and usable – reports, tables and figures – from LifeLink databases driven by project specific needs, adhering to department standards and procedures including documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred concentration in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Sciences or Business. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience or education in healthcare data analytics strongly preferred.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project based work structures.
- PC proficiency including use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Working knowledge of continuous quality improvement (CQI) processes.
- Previous experience working with regulatory agencies preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Proven data analysis, data verification and problem solving abilities.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, and able to work well under pressure.
- Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess strong problem solving skills with ability to monitor own work for accuracy and thoroughness.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS