Internal Look – Lessons Learned Specialist (IL-LLS)
- Conducts internal look at SOCOM Headquarters’ directorates to capture, document and archive best practices and lessons learned covering the planning, organizing, and program documentation to meet USSOCOM Command priorities.
- Employs knowledge of USSOCOM’s and subordinate commands’ current and historical staff roles, areas of responsibility for each Directorate and subordinate organizations, to plan, coordinate and execute the CAARD process.
- Applies organizational design parameters and statistical analysis measures including analysis reporting, data management and validation to support the CAARD process.
- Performs Master’s Degree level analysis through quantitative/qualitative research, independent evaluations of operations, exercises, wargames and experimentations to assess the effectiveness of DOTMLPF&P throughout the Command and develop standards for new and/or existing requirements to alter training or operational missions and program.
- Coordinates with HQ USSOCOM, Component Commands, and TSOCs military leadership to provide focus area study recommendations, command synchronization efforts and quarterly feedback findings.
- Support the SOF Experimentation Force program to ensure the sharing of observations, insights, and lessons learned to support the entire SOF network.
- Documents special project staff roles, responsibilities, organization and processes for best practices and efficiencies that support the Command’s Mission and Vision.
- Perform all CAARD related activities resulting from observation of USSOCOM and Subordinate Headquarters.
- Leverages cross-functional military Services and government agencies analytical studies and LL to recommend adjustments to SOF headquarters processes.
- Utilize lean-six sigma processes to capture LL and incorporates lessons learned functions and activities to each directorate to include sharing of best practices.
- Briefs and advises senior SOF leadership on the effectiveness of the internal look findings, potential approaches, benefits for capability resolution, and implications
- Prepares and presents concept papers that synthesize key elements of thinking and challenge the current strategic construct and must be suitable for publication in academic or national news outlets.
- Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity that may be accessed by all stakeholders.
Experience & Knowledge
- Prior service E8 or O5 and 3 years of experience at USSOCOM as a staff officer/NCO supporting the DOTMLPF&P, SOFCIDS process
- 3 years’ staff experience supporting a Geographic Combatant Command or Theater Special Operations Command
Education & Certification
- Must have Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Survey Methodology.
- Must be Lean Six Sigma Certified.
- Possess a final Top Security Clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with SCI eligibility at work performance start date and shall maintain the required security clearance throughout the life of the contract.
MacDill AFB, FL
Lukos is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national origin.