Hot Job of the Day!
MetLife is hiring a Finance Manager
Location: Tampa, FL, US, 33647
Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Finance Support (GFS) department provides a variety of support services for MetLife’s Finance applications including Incident, Request, Maintenance, Communication and Access Management. This includes the general ledgers, GAAP consolidation and reporting, statutory reporting, corporate and global planning and budgeting, reconciliations, and various reporting tools. This position will manage all aspects of the Level 1 Service Desk and support team. GFS services include Incident, Request, Communication, and Access Management. The Level 1 Manager is responsible for ensuring that process and procedures are established and followed as well as ensuring service level agreements are met and exceeded. Manage associate performance for the Level 1 team members. Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Oversee the intake of requests and incidents for Finance applications.
- Manage and coordinates major incidents. Escalate issues to senior management or IT partners when necessary. Ensures associates are following established process and procedures. Provide technical troubleshooting advice. Train, coach, mentor, and evaluate performance for Level 1 staff. Set and manage plans for career development. Oversee staff activities, including shift coverage, PTO, and weekend support requests.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to Management, Business Partners, and others on an ad-hoc, weekly, monthly basis as needed. Analyze ticket trends and develop strategies for improvement. Manage phone queue and participate in escalated calls as needed. Manage process for communicating unplanned and planned activities to the organization.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Ensure audit control activities are documented and followed.
- Establish relationships and partner with GFS Level 2 Support, IT production support, IT AD, TD&P, and other support areas to ensure smooth escalation and resolution of issues.Oversee GOSC relationship with team that performs Access, Maintenance, and Control activities on behalf of GFS.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule including ability to attend calls on nights and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, IT, or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree in related field
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Proven experience managing Service Desk functions and staff
- 5+ years supporting Finance applications or in an IT support role
- Experience with enterprise ticketing tool such as Service Now or Remedy
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: PeopleSoft ERP, Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase, Oracle Business Intelligence, Hyperion Planning
- Strong knowledge of MetLife’s data elements and hierarchies
- Knowledge of LEAN principals and proven ability to identify, design, and implement process improvements
- Experience with policy and procedure development
- Experience creating operational metrics
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOB