Hot Job of the Day!
MetLife is hiring an IT Audit Manager!
IT Audit Manager
Date Posted: May 13, 2018
Location: Tampa, FL, US, 33647
Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife’s Internal Audit Department reports to the Chairman and CEO and is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Internal Audit is an independent risk function established to evaluate, test, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management’s internal controls.
Role Value Proposition:
Within Internal Audit, the Global Cross Line of Business audit team is accountable for audit coverage of globally critical risks and management initiatives that span regions and lines of businesses. This team partners closely with Regional audit teams to provide coverage of cross-functional processes and initiatives, coordinate thematic reviews across regions, and drive consistency and knowledge-sharing across the global team for in-scope areas.
The auditor in this role is expected to learn quickly to cover different risk disciplines, including related Corporate governance, operational, compliance, and technology processes. A successful candidate will be able to self-start, execute audits of cross-business processes and management initiatives, and work in different team structures within a matrix organization.
- Perform risk assessments and lead audit activities from planning, execution, through to reporting, including supervision of junior staff
- Communicate findings to various levels management and identify opportunities for improvement in risk mitigation and design effectiveness of controls
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment
- Prepare audit deliverables that meet departmental and professional standards of quality
- Partner with regional and offshore audit teams, data analytics resources, and management to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-8 yrs of audit experience in IT, regulatory compliance, and large-scale implementation of processes and/or systems. Possesses proficient understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA standards, auditing sampling and testing methodologies, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, risk management, and SEC reporting
- Ability to quickly learn new areas of the business by applying solid foundation and understanding of internal controls and general business practices.
- Possesses intermediate-level understanding of IT general controls (change management, logical security, data backup and retention, etc.), application controls, and proficient understanding of system development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening and interviewing skills.
- Prior experience with use of data analytics to achieve assurance and/or risk assessments.
- Working towards or achieved CISA, CIA, CPA, or other relevant designations.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 93782
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS