The Director of Advanced Analytics (DAA) role will lead the Data Science and Health Informatics (HI) teams in the development and implementation of advanced analytics products to improve outcomes for Moffitt’s research and operations units. This role will lead and provide design direction, build products/solutions that will drive the analytics strategy to deliver high quality intelligence that helps in Moffitt’s mission.
This leader is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of advanced analytics products and tools, including Moffitt’s Cancer Analytics Platform (MCAP). The role identifies gaps and opportunities to create value propositions and drives business value, frames business problems into analytics questions, and translates data into business impact.
The DAA requires hands-on expertise and knowledge of advanced analytics and data science principles, as well as algorithmic approaches such as Machine Learning and Statistical Modeling.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
7 years of the following experience:
- Building analytics platforms, tooling, and systems for highly complex analytics domains
- Database technologies (Traditional and Cloud-based)
5 years of the following experience:
- Leadership/management including mentoring and leading managers and supervisors
- Building advanced analytical models in cloud under the constraints of HIPAA
- Clinical systems architecture and health record data
- Overseeing external vendor contracts relating to advanced analytics
- Agile project management
In addition, the DAA will have:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write and speak about technical concepts to diverse stakeholder groups
- Working knowledge of oncology, genomics, data warehouse, programming languages, and ontologies
- Proficiency in data governance concepts, practices, and technologies and ability to translate among languages used by executive, business, and technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in project and program management concepts, practices, and technologies
- Cross-functional capabilities, including influencing, leading, collaborating initiatives that traverse multiple functions
- Must enjoy working on deeply technical products with significant scale expectations and a passionate engineering team.
- A Master’s Degree in Health Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or Related field. A PhD in Health Informatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or Related field is preferred