Hot Job of the Day!
Moffitt Cancer Center is hiring a Research Systems Analyst II!
RESEARCH SYSTEMS ANALYST II
Research Systems Analyst II
- The Research Systems Analyst II (“RSA-II”) assists in the design, analysis, implementation and support of research information systems and related applications in a healthcare setting.
- The analyst will be responsible for working closely with research staff to identify, assess and document business requirements for new and/or enhanced solutions. Depending on the solution, the analyst will then work closely with an external vendor or with the internal software development team to ensure the requirements and specifications are fully understood and the solution meets expectations.
- The analyst will be responsible for leading the team through an iterative system development life cycle utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies to project completion. Once complete, the RSA-II will be responsible for providing second level support for all systems implemented.
- The RSA-II utilizes best practices throughout the software development lifecycle and is expected to provide expert knowledge of project management processes utilizing Agile/Scrum methodologies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication – written, oral and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with focus on medical research information systems development and implementation.
- Experience with LIMS/LIS/BioRespository software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into user stories and test cases to be processed by a software development team
- Demonstrated conflict management, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team in a highly collaborative environment that promotes shared ownership.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and negotiate effectively.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and theories in process improvement, project management, change management and application SDLC.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize multiple objectives under tight deadlines and ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Understanding of database design and modeling concepts.
- SQL Scripting; ability to conduct data identification, updates, modifications via scripting tools on various database platforms
- Ensures that application designs are consistent with industry best practices including scalability, availability, maintainability and flexibility.
- Analyzes existing systems, applications and processes.
- Formulates and designs logic for new systems for the benefit of the Moffitt Research Institute.
- Provides support for end users on vendor and/or custom developed systems used in the Moffitt Research Institute.
- Coordinates team members of a given project as directed by department management.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to team members, consultants, and vendors as required.
- Develops training materials and classroom training sessions on custom developed software as required during an assigned project life cycle.
- Overall maintenance including patch management, upgrades and development of Research IT supported applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business or related health care field **An additional four (4) years’ experience in information systems in the medical research industry may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree (for a total of 7 years of experience)
- Four (4) years’ experience in all phases of the system development life cycle in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated, verifiable experience and skills: collaboration, flexibility, project/task ownership, system improvement (computerized or manual), problem solving, project management, consultation and conflict management, organization and time management, attention to detail.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.
Check out our job search page to find more jobs: makeittampabay.com/JOBS