The Director of IT will manage the day to day Port Tampa Bay (PTB) Information Technology (IT) virtual infrastructure and environment in accordance with PTB guidelines, standards, policies, methods, and procedures. Responsible for keeping the network functioning at optimal levels, which includes the local area Network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) infrastructure.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Implement IT- related project plans and schedules to include coordinating requirements, tasks, work assignments, and resources to ensure project integrity.
- Provide continuous visibility into project status including any deviations from plan and associated mitigation.
- Provide technical and analytical systems design, systems development, programming, and maintenance of all custom applications.
- Evaluate existing software, proposed modifications, and implement new applications for impact on current operating systems.
- Oversee and maintain PTB’s Parking Garage Financial System.
- Maintain computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
- Provide technical escalation points, during security incidents, in reference to Cyber Security violations as it applies to network remediation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Analyze the impact of information as it relates to structure, management techniques and user relationships.
- Establish network specifications by analyzing workflow, access requirements, and security requirements.
- Perform firewall and router administration to include, designing interface configuration routing protocols, and policies.
- Protect the integrity of organization by maintaining and keeping information confidential.
- Conduct training programs and providing computer support.
- Due to the complexity of the infrastructure, additional duties will include server maintenance, backup and email administration, assigning and maintaining user logon and access privileges.
Minimum Training & Experience Requirements:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in a computer technology related discipline with a minimum of five years’ experience in network design and implementation, performance tuning, LAN knowledge, and problem solving.
- Master’s degree in computer technology related discipline preferred.
- Certifications preferred, but not required, include, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, and MCITP.
- Must have direct experience with installation, configuration and management of the following technologies:
– Active Directory
– Windows Server
– Exchange Server
– Microsoft SQL Server
– Internet technologies: DNS and DHCP
– Data storage, protection and recovery strategies
– General experience with large volume storage
– Virtual machine technologies (VMWare)
– Cisco Routers and Firewalls
– Managed Network Devices (Routers, Switches, TCP/IP, etc.)
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have strong ethical values, be committed to client service, work both independently and in a team environment, be able to listen to customer needs, ability to document all work effectively, and implement solutions based on industry best practices.
- Must have good communication skills (both written and oral) and must be a personable and flexible individual, who is willing to work as part of a culturally diverse team in a highly focused environment, as well as be able to interact with all levels of staff, management and client personnel and exhibit patience.
- Must exhibit high attention to Client Satisfaction.
- Must exhibit excellent personal time management and reporting.
- Skilled problem solver with diligent work ethic, able to handle all types of clients and get the job done right.
- Professional, friendly, courteous and outgoing attitude.
- Ability to provide technical support by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems with desktop systems, network, internet and other computer technology.
- Ability to analyze and provide network recommendations to support a regional infrastructure.
Incumbent must possess a current and valid Florida Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or capable of obtaining one within thirty days from the date of hire.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Port Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer