Title: 268 – Development Systems Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Development Systems
Date Issued: June 2019
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Development Systems Coordinator is responsible for implementing the gift renewal and
acknowledgement processes for annual, endowment, planned, capital and one-time gifts. This position oversees the delivery
system for donor benefits and maintains proper data archiving related to gift acquisition and fulfillment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Gift Renewal and Acknowledgement
1. Prepare renewal letters for annual gifts, pledge payments and other special campaigns on a monthly basis.
2. Prepare pledge reminder letters and invoices for payments on capital, endowment and annual gifts.
3. Assist with gift entry and processing.
4. Generate acknowledgement letters and annual benefit fulfillment packages.
5. Track requests for replacement or additional benefit materials in Tessitura.
6. Generate thank-you letters from Straz Center President and CEO.
7. Generate year-end tax statements for donors $1,000+.
1. Maintain accurate donor recognition lists for use in print and digital publications.
2. Provide donor recognition lists as needed for electronic marquee and Straz Center website.
3. Ensure annual disbursement of Premiere and Signature Parking Passes and donor cards to appropriate annual,
endowment and capital campaign, founders and board of trustees.
1. Manage all hard files and electronic files for all donors, maintaining accurate records and documentation of all
correspondence with donors.
2. Assist with list pulls for mailings and events.
3. Assist with data clean-up as necessary to maintain accurate and relevant electronic donor records.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to overall team effort in planning and development and share in the decision-making process,
implementing and promoting all decisions in a spirit of cooperation.
2. Assist in departmental functions and special events and perform other duties when necessary to assure the overall
smooth operation of the department.
This position does not contain supervisory responsibilities.
Core Competencies: Standardized job requirements for an individual to properly perform this job.
Integrity – Demonstrates honesty and ethical practices in all work-related activities according to policies and procedures with or without supervision
Accountability – Takes ownership for deliverables and actions and contributes value to the organization.
Communication Effectiveness – Conveys thoughts and ideas effectively through written and verbal communication,
listens for understanding, and is able to give and receive constructive feedback.
Collaboration and Support of Diversity – Works effectively with others to achieve a shared goal and puts the interest
of the organization above one’s own.
Customer Service (Internal/External) – Makes the internal/external customer central to all thinking and
consistently creates value for the internal/external customer.
Results Driven and Solution Oriented – Consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations and identifies
problems early while taking appropriate action to minimize work disruptions.
Organizational Knowledge – Expands knowledge of the organization beyond one’s immediate unit/department to
support the mission and core values of the Center.
Self Awareness and Personal Development – Understands the impact of one’s own actions on the organization and
others and demonstrates desire, drive, and responsibility to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Two years’ experience in database management.
• Computer-related experience and understanding of accounting principles necessary. Preferred proficiency with
Microsoft Office suite.
• Self-starter with strong communication skills and an extraordinary commitment to accuracy and detail.
• Fundamental understanding of fundraising concepts preferred.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the telephone. The
employee is frequently required to walk or stand; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is
not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Straz Center management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet
business and organizational needs as necessary.