The Tampa Bay Buccaneers vision is to be the premier NFL Franchise both on and off the field that sets the standard in global sports entertainment and embodies the spirit of Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers aim to employ individuals whose professionalism and dedication align with our vision.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the creative and concept development, planning, and execution of all Buccaneers events. This position will oversee many events including high-end events and assist on various game day events and entertainment elements; set the managerial tone with a hardworking forward-thinking mindset which makes it happen, constantly striving for creative and new ideas and enhancements
- Manage all facets of planning, coordination, and execution of events, sees all the details and takes on the perspective of guest/fan lens in the event experience
- Coordinate with various (internal and external) clients to capture the vision for each event, while adding innovation and expertise to bring the vision to reality
- Lead the planning and execution of assigned events, ensuring that all aspects and intricate details are covered, and critical deadlines are met
- Collaborate with internal departments and external vendors to execute each event in support of the event vision and objective
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event production and execution
- Conduct research, make site visits, lead walkthroughs, and find resources to determine event possibilities
- Design, manage, and oversee all operational event processes, timelines, rundowns, staffing plans, budgets, and layouts for assigned and led events
- Responsible for the overall planning of all major event facets, design, and setup including all logistics, event flow and functionality, activations, displays, décor, catering service and hospitality, signage, promotional materials, and staffing
- Lead the advancement and innovative thinking on new organizational event concepts and designs, on breakthrough fan and client engagements and executions
- Control the budget for assigned events, maintaining a thorough record of expenses and staying within the approved total figure; develop budget forecasts, manage tracking and the purchase order process, along with reconciliation
- Complete thorough event wrap-ups with respect to the facility/venue, equipment, inventory, and other related event elements, including submission of an event debrief to document the areas of success and needed improvement
- Manage and maintain event programs, tools, and software along with accurate, organized, and complete files, records, and other documents relating to events, the department, or organization
- Manage relationships with event vendors and suppliers including talent and entertainment agencies, prop suppliers, décor companies, caterers, equipment, and audio/visual vendors, etc.
- Oversee and lead game day events, entertainment and logistics as assigned including but not limited to Bucs Beach, Bucsparilla, and external entertainment elements
- Ensure organizational pillars and brand strategy are implemented along with adherence to departmental budgets, deadlines, and goals with clear direction provided to the event staff
- Work with the necessary entities on the overall setup and infrastructure of events such as security, first aid, seating, tenting, parking, access, structures, permitting, overall procedures, layouts, etc.
- Lead event meetings; brief Executives, VIPs, Football ops, players, coaches, alumni, and staff on event details and experiences as needed
- Manage, support, and be a resource for Event & Entertainment Coordinators while providing them with the essential guidance through all phases of the event process, duties, roles, and functions as necessary
- Assist with the overall department budget needs including forecasting, reporting, reconciliation and compliance
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities of the Events & Entertainment department elements as assigned.
- Employee will be serving as an event leader and is responsible for managing all event facets for the department and directing the work of its support staff. Function as a hardworking forward-thinking event planner.
- Employee is also responsible for managing every aspect of events from the planning stages through the end of the event; occasionally hire, train, schedule and supervise event and entertainment staff; clear communication and detailed plans to ensure events run smoothly, ensure overall event satisfaction and experience
Skills & Abilities
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and order in the completion of all tasks
- The capability to prepare for and prioritize assignments, meeting all deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills with clear direction, guidance, and follow through
- Professionalism of every interaction in person and through all forms or correspondence
- An enthusiastic work ethic that is collaborative, innovative, resourceful, and durable
- The ability to handle responsibilities autonomously and find resolution in varied circumstances
- The aptitude to effectively create, revise, read, and analyze documents including budgets, invoices, spreadsheets, and diagrams
- The ability to traverse the entire event area for the duration of the event from preparations to strike.
- Highly detailed, self-motivated and team-oriented
- Ability to lead and collaborate, strategically plan and influence cross-departmentally
- Strong innovative, creative, logistical, and leadership skills and knowledge of events and entertainment
- Show initiative, be lively, out-going, positive, and hardworking
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, generate interest, and engagement
- Proactive, adaptive and effective trouble-shooting ability
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in professional event planning and management, as an event planner/organizer or sports management role
The Company is a professional, fast paced, creative business environment. Other environment conditions:
- Extended evening, weekend work hours sometimes required; required to work all home and some away games; may have to work occasional holidays
- Stressful and demanding work environment in executing work on short deadlines
- Computer and desk work a significant part of daily activities
- Sitting, standing, working with hands for extended periods of time
- Lifting more than 25 pounds is required
- Job duties require employee to drive company vehicles or drive personal vehicle
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company’s business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes. This document describes the position currently available and is not an employment contract.
The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be “at will,” meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent’s employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon any employee. Any change to this “at will” employment status must be in writing and signed the by the Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
It is the policy of the Buccaneers to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected status.